Mazda MX5 Cup & Roadster setups

ATM, the baseline provided by iracing is very good. I hate fixed series but when iracing provides a good baseline i think they do deserve credit for that.

I'm also attaching a stiff ARB setup. But with the danger of sounding like a douchebag i'm gonna mention it anyway; i takes a lot of time before you're faster with the stiff ARB setup that with the current baseline. I did over 750 races and for this season, i already used that baseline on i think 3 different tracks.

Give the baseline a go before the attached setup. Or if you already use stiff arb, the attached setup may be better.

I heard it time & time again; "Setup is not important in the open mx5". I totally disagree, especially if you have a bit of pace. But are you gonna make a difference by messing around a couple clicks here & there if you only drive the (open) mx5 now and then? No, i think not.

My advice would be to get your mind set to find a setup that you like and stick to it for a couple hundred laps. Even better, drive an entire season with the same setup, will make you much more confident and you'll also learn to catch a slide much faster.

(THIS IS ALL MY OPINION off course....)

EDIT; i added the setups i liked this season. The low camber is for league (endurance) racing. No use for 25min race.

Attachments

• Drees - phillip.sto
    862 bytes · Views: 1,127
  • low camber.sto
    862 bytes · Views: 923
  • Drees Laguna 2015S3.sto
    846 bytes · Views: 1,255
Any setup for the current SimLab series?
I have a setup that has the back ARB disconnected, it is fast but the Backend is all over the place and it is getting slower after the first 5 laps and I don't know why.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.9%