AC Mazda MX5 Cup @ Road America, Wednesday 31th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hmm, I don't feel any difference in grip at all -- just the track is way thinner, so you have tighter turns, no? I went over that somewhat at release:

I didn't mention the grip level. My gripe is with the narrowing of the track. It effectively puts the SCG, Nissan, Audi etc., @ a bigger disadvantage to the Macca. In fact, the McLaren was an absolute breeze to drive on the new version. I was actually quicker than my previous time (2019) that I had set with the old version, so much so, that I had to double check that the RD server was using the current LilSki version - which it is.

These are the times that I set back in 2019 with the old version of Road America:
Road America Old version 2021-04-03_21-45-33.jpg

There is just under six tenths difference between the SCG & McLaren - which is typical of most tracks.

These are my times with the LilSki 1.0 version (SCG - Aug 2020 & 650s - last night on the practice server):
Road America New Version 2021-04-03_21-45-33.jpg

The difference has now grown to 1.2 seconds.

i don't think the McLaren is inherently quicker than the other GT3 cars, there is just a paucity of tracks that allow the other cars to shine.

Attachments

• Road America Old version 2021-04-03_21-45-33.jpg
    Road America Old version 2021-04-03_21-45-33.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 43
I didn't mention the grip level. My gripe is with the narrowing of the track. It effectively puts the SCG, Nissan, Audi etc., @ a bigger disadvantage to the Macca. In fact, the McLaren was an absolute breeze to drive on the new version. I was actually quicker than my previous time (2019) that I had set with the old version, so much so, that I had to double check that the RD server was using the current LilSki version - which it is.

These are the times that I set back in 2019 with the old version of Road America:
View attachment 461230

There is just under six tenths difference between the SCG & McLaren - which is typical of most tracks.

These are my times with the LilSki 1.0 version (SCG - Aug 2020 & 650s - last night on the practice server):
View attachment 461231

i don't think the McLaren is inherently quicker than the other GT3 cars, there is just a paucity of tracks that allow the other cars to shine.

Hmm, there's definitely something up with the measurements there, because the new track is like 1 second slower in the 650s.

Last edited:
Are there going to be any club races soon with a earlier start? :) Almost all of them seem to be having a long practise session first.

Early you say!

There are corners here where I am on half throttle in the Nissan, barely able to keep it from going off, and flat chat in the McLaren.
I don't doubt that it is a width thing, the Nissan needs another half meter to get it flat out.

But driving the circuit back to back, I have a feeling that there is more to it, I can defiantly feel a grip thing going on, is it subtle, yes probably.

We need another 100Bhp Nissan, so say the GTR fanboy association.:unsure:
maxresdefault.jpg

:unsure:

View attachment 461230

View attachment 461231

You, Rotter Patrick, blurring out the other times, would love to see your Nissan times.

You never know you could be invited into the Nissan fanboy association.
The entry ritual is very straight forward.

1424005094_9.jpg

:D :D :D

Are there going to be any club races soon with a earlier start? :) Almost all of them seem to be having a long practise session first.
Most of the participants come from West-Europe and the UK so the starting time is a compromise. Most of the drivers enter the game just before or just after 21.00 (19.00 UTC) .

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 382 39.7%