AC MAZDA MX5 Cup @ Okayama - Wednesday 10th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. This Wednesday we are racing the Mazda MX5Cup @ Okayama in Assetto Corsa and you are invited to join! Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. The MX5 is easy to drive and ideal to let you focus and learn to optimize racinglines and cornering speed.

THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints in a car that's less demanding than the GT3's and have a lot of fun at the same time.

Circuit_TI_%28Aida%29.png

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
  • Cars: Mazda MX5Cup
  • Track: Okayama
  • 20.00 (19:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 20 minutes)
  • 21.20 (20:20 UTC) | Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 21.40 (20:40 UTC) | Race (30 minutes)
Register your car for this event
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.
Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Useful links

1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Click here for entry list

See you on track!

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Bin-dabei-logo-10.png

AC must go on living!
You're very welcome! Please, make sure that you use Discord for voicechat at the RaceDepartment lobby. The link is in the first post. You can use the browser version but 'push to talk' only works if you install the app.

Hey, Chief, count me in :)

MFG Carsten

Edith:
Aditional idea.
Would it be possible to attach a note to the SGP Event page that points to this thread?
I found it by accident after registering. So i´m not sure that all registered drivers are aware of all the requirements. I myself would have registered anyhow, even if I still have to figure out how to bind a wheelbutton to Discord PTT :redface:

Last edited:
Hey, Chief, count me in :)

MFG Carsten

Edith:
Aditional idea.
Would it be possible to attach a note to the SGP Event page that points to this thread?
I found it by accident after registering. So i´m not sure that all registered drivers are aware of all the requirements. I myself would have registered anyhow, even if I still have to figure out how to bind a wheelbutton to Discord PTT :redface:
Click on the little Cogwheel at the bottom left, next to your Account Name:
Discord_PTT_1.JPG

Go to speech and video -> set it to push to talk -> the little area with the button will appear -> click on "change hotkey" and press the button on your wheel.
Should work :)
Discord_PTT_2.JPG

You can do it in the app settings. Translating on the fly from the italian so terminology may vary: Settings -> Video & voice -> Input mode -> set PTT rather than "voice activity", then choose the button you want to use.
I never used discord on the browser but everybody says PTT is not enabled there, so that might be the reason for you not to figuring it out.

You can do it in the app settings. Translating on the fly from the italian so terminology may vary: Settings -> Video & voice -> Input mode -> set PTT rather than "voice activity", then choose the button you want to use.
I never used discord on the browser but everybody says PTT is not enabled there, so that might be the reason for you not to figuring it out.
Yep, It says that push-to-talk only works with the app installed.

Aditional idea.
I would love that! I'd like to stimulate interaction with participants.
But I don't think it's feasible in this version. @Interslice : Do you have an idea? If not, we should address this as a wish for the next version of RD s.gp.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing