AC Mazda MX5 Cup @ Mosport - Wed 02 Dec 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I just saw the replay of race 2. @Chris Down managed to eliminate @Kek700 , @GEO147 and myself before T3:speechless:. That must be some kind of Steam achievement or world record, I guess :p :D !

But no worries, that with George and me was clearly a race incident.

Great event and very nice to see so many of you turned up. Not happy with my own performance but it was fun racing with these cars. So many thanks for organising @Denis Betty and I hope to see you all (and many others) next Wednesday.

I just saw the replay of race 2. @Chris Down managed to eliminate @Kek700 , @GEO147 and myself before T3:speechless:. That must be some kind of Steam achievement or world record, I guess :p :D !

Get permabanned by Denis while also staff.png

(...but seriously, sorry about that.)

Last edited:
First race, had it’s moments, but second race, had a great time defending a none position. So I did not have to worry about messing someone’s race up.
At least I was in the lead, until first gear ran out of revs, and with it permanently stuck on the Rev limit.:confused:
Even with my eagle eyes I could not see the Rev counter with the head lights blocking it out.

9DAF2309-B125-42D5-8580-DE80B53C3B9B.gif

Even my fast reactions could not save me either.
BE768E6F-6F5E-487C-A6A8-A86F99DCE3C7.gif

Just got Han on the finish line which I mischievously enjoyed.:roflmao::roflmao:

Sorry about that Han.;)

Thankyou @Denis Betty for a great event, had a great battle with you too, clearly you were quicker, but this is a difficult car when it comes to over taking.

Amost forgot, well done John @Medilloni , pensioner power is, well, just, unbeatable.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

+ well done podiums.

Massive thanks @Denis Betty for tonight's event, what a corker that was! :thumbsup:

Congrats to @Axel Moebius , @pattikins Patrick, @Chris Down and @Reik Major for the podiums - along with @GEO147 George, @Denis Betty and @Kek700 Ernie I had a blast racing with you all - thanks guys! (except 'perma-ban Chris':roflmao::whistling:).

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised I enjoyed it so much, 'cos I bloody hate 'momentum' cars:roflmao::p

Again, huge thanks to Denis and all, hope to see you next week, event will be up tomorrow!

Last edited:

But no worries, that with George and me was clearly a race incident.

Great event and very nice to see so many of you turned up. Not happy with my own performance but it was fun racing with these cars. So many thanks for organising @Denis Betty and I hope to see you all (and many others) next Wednesday.

Was that you I tipped Han just at the downhill before the double right hander at the top of the hill, before the straight?

Whoever it was I'm sorry, you broke a tad on the early side and I couldn't do much to avoid, I half waited and then carried on as when I thought about it I didn't think it was my fault.

Anyway, PC gave real trouble tonight. Critical error, Kernel Power 41 . Possibly power supply related from a quick google. I wouldn't mind every other part of the PC is brand new since last Christmas.

Congrats to all the podiums it was a great combo, wish I could have competed.

Last edited:
Anyway, PC gave real trouble tonight. Critical error, Kernel Power 41 . Possibly power supply related from a quick google. I wouldn't mind every other part of the PC is brand new since last Christmas.

Kernel-Power with event ID 41 just means that the computer shut down unexpectedly, but it doesn't necessarily mean power supply failure.

If you didn't get a blue screen, it's probably something like a hardware watchdog timeout or similar. Power supply is also possible -- if you want to double check your power supply, you might consider running something like the OCCT power supply test, or other tests from OCCT to load up your system and see what happens.

Last edited:
Was that you I tipped Han just at the downhill before the double right hander at the top of the hill, before the straight?
George, the incident I'm referring to was a sandwich situation with Chris in the middle. If someone is to blame, it should be me because I went to the right to get a better angle for the fast left handler. I thought there was room enough ( you were far on the outside) but suddenly Chris was there. We had contact and Chris bounced from me to you. That was his luck because otherwise he would have gone off instead off you.

Thanks for the race! It was super fun indeed even tho i seem to have bad luck all the time when i'm participateing.:D

On luck,
I use it to help me race, if you have a lot of pace you need less of it, a lot less.
I always look to utilize it it to my advantage, sometimes I have a run of bad luck, sometimes I am just not quick enough. it is accepting it, that is the most important part of it, it happens to everyone.
At the moment I am in a lucky phase, that won’t last long before I get a run of bad luck. At least I can then have a good moan.:roflmao::roflmao:

Look at the race from another drivers perspective, in AC replay, that is a great insight to racing for most. Picking an Alien driver is not really representative of the rest of us.

You cannot control the great Simulation in the sky, accepting it means you are at least more in control.:)

George, the incident I'm referring to was a sandwich situation with Chris in the middle. If someone is to blame, it should be me because I went to the right to get a better angle for the fast left handler. I thought there was room enough ( you were far on the outside) but suddenly Chris was there. We had contact and Chris bounced from me to you. That was his luck because otherwise he would have gone off instead off you.

Yes... luck...

wacky-races-dick-dastardly-mean-machine-t-shi.jpeg

Pretty sure if I was of normal mind I wouldn't have gone in that sandwich in the first place, but after the Ernie collection service I was a bit out of it :coffee:

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the great racing! Couldn't avoid early incidents in both races... Probably racing incidents though. But stuck with it to finish both races. Not much pace, but I did try my g29 shifter... Yes I have a clutch, but cannot get on with the heel n toe thing. So auto blipped that bad boy! Lol If the cars have h pattern, I usually use paddle shifters.

Thanks @Denis Betty for hosting, congrats to the winners and podium finishers. Thanks again everyone.

Kernel-Power with event ID 41 just means that the computer shut down unexpectedly, but it doesn't necessarily mean power supply failure.

If you didn't get a blue screen, it's probably something like a hardware watchdog timeout or similar. Power supply is also possible -- if you want to double check your power supply, you might consider running something like the OCCT power supply test, or other tests from OCCT to load up your system and see what happens.

Ran OCCT power and ram tests 30 mins rack. No problems?

Last edited:
Very very similar problem, tried every thing to isolate, as you are.
Bit the bullet, bought a 1200w power supply, problem gone.
Yes I know, an overkill, but it was so frustrating, I decided to definitely remove the power supply from the list once and for all.
Also noticed how power hungry CPU and GPU’s were getting, that helped me make my mind up to.

Very very similar problem, tried every thing to isolate, as you are.
Bit the bullet, bought a 1200w power supply, problem gone.
Yes I know, an overkill, but it was so frustrating, I decided to definitely remove the power supply from the list once and for all.
Also noticed how power hungry CPU and GPU’s were getting, that helped me make my mind up to.

@GEO147 , do you happen to know the make & model of your PSU. Have you had any problems with other games?

One thing which is quite different in AC compared to other games is how CPU-bound it is. Even among the most CPU bound games (like most of the recent Ubisoft titles), AC is an order of magnitude more demanding there. How do your thermals look? Does hwinfo64 (or similar) show any WHEA errors?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%