AC Mazda MX5 Cup @ Mosport - Wed 02 Dec 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
just out of curiosity, would it be possible to enable Auto-Blip throttle for those of us who don't have an H-shifter? Not that I care either way, it just shifts kinda weird without it...not sure if it gives an unfair advantage or not, but might as well ask

just out of curiosity, would it be possible to enable Auto-Blip throttle for those of us who don't have an H-shifter? Not that I care either way, it just shifts kinda weird without it...not sure if it gives an unfair advantage or not, but might as well ask
Pretty sure I was using it when I jumped on to check my track version was ok. I certainly didn't notice the kick on downshift. Did you check it was enabled on your client before you joined the session?

Pretty sure I was using it when I jumped on to check my track version was ok. I certainly didn't notice the kick on downshift. Did you check it was enabled on your client before you joined the session?
I will have to check it again tomorrow. It's just that downshifts (even upshifts) felt very different in single player mode (where it's on) as opposed to online server. I just assumed it was off due to the difference ...

I will have to check it again tomorrow. It's just that downshifts (even upshifts) felt very different in single player mode (where it's on) as opposed to online server. I just assumed it was off due to the difference ...

I use the H-shifter, but the vast majority of drivers don't (through choice/cost), so it's highly unlikely that the Auto-Blip is disabled on the server.

Last edited:
I can't find a way to enable/disable autoblip on the server. As a check, I enabled pedals app in game and tried with autoblip on/off in practice mode (SP). It doesn't do anything for me. Tried it on and off and there is no difference the throtle shows not a flicker. I tried a paddle shift car as a check and I can clearly see a blip on down shift. Turned AB off and I can still clearly see a throtle blip on downshift. I tried using CM and the default launcher - no difference.

So if somebody knows how to make it actually do something (ie blip the thotle on downshift in a manual car), please tell. I will want to see a video of it working though. ;)

I'm not sure about the best way to check in the car itself, but if you are using CM and you hover over the 'assists' button at the bottom of the event, it will tell you what is allowed for the event. For this one 'autoblip' is 'Yes'. Not sure why it is in orange. Maybe because it's a change from the default?

Re the auto blip thing - I had this problem before, so I setup an offline quick race for the car I'd be using on the server and enabled it - don't know why, but then it worked online too.

This is for those without an H shifter btw (auto blip is specifically there for peeps with 2 pedals and no shifter), if you have one connected and you're using paddles it won't work.

This is for those without an H shifter btw (auto blip is specifically there for peeps with 2 pedals and no shifter), if you have one connected and you're using paddles it won't work.

Do you mean clutch, H-shifter...or exactly what you've wrote? Does the absence of a physical clutch pedal mean that someone with a two pedal setup, using the automatic clutch in AC, can use auto-blip with a H-pattern shifter? Apologies for my ignorance... just curious.

Last edited:
Do you mean clutch, H-shifter...or exactly what you've wrote? Does the absence of a physical clutch pedal mean that someone with a two pedal setup, using the automatic clutch in AC, can use auto-blip with a H-pattern shifter? Apologies for my ignorance... just curious.
Ah! No ignorance, I worded that badly Patrick :laugh:

I should have said "for example, peeps with 2 pedals and no shifter". Moral of the story is, if your H shifter is connected, auto blip won't work... at least that's what happened when I had mine connected but didn't use it 'cos it's broke.

Bugger, questioning my sanity memory, I'm going on the server to double-check now:roflmao:

@Denis Betty Hi. I will not be able to race tonight. Even if somehow I end up the meetings before the quali, I have 0 laps with this circuit, so I will stay out. Sorry :(
You're welcome to join mate. I often join 30 minutes before quali with 0 practice. That's what club events are for. You're a good club racer, you'll be fine. :)

I'll be more than happy to sign you in. But first I need you to do something please? We display our real names on event threads and on TeamSpeak and in game, as per RD rules. To display your real name, please go to Your Account > Account Details and fill in the Real Names field. Your real name will only be visible on event threads and only to other Premium members. Please also ensure that you rreal name is displayed in game.

Sorry to ask this, but it's necessary for me to be able to identify everybody on the server and confirm that they're Premium members.

Lok forward to signing you up very soon. :)

Now I have added my name :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing