mazda mx5 cup mod

Mike Bell

One-time RDTCC Race Winner
hey all

i was just searching various sites for mods for race on and the usual stuff came up like mak corp and btcc and stuff
then i found this : [link removed due to it being an illegal mod or something]

its an amazing mod of mazda mx5s
they are so cool
screenshots:

evomx1.jpg

i just found it and i think its based on something but not a conversion
and theres links to it elsewhere so it must be legal

I just found this..

OOPS - REMOVED BY ME - Thaks for the heads up Ross.

but is it legal ?

from page 2 of the above link it looks as though this may cause problems if your running the F1 mod, its a limitation of the game that it can only accept a certain number of car models - its these conflicts when different mods use the same id's for some or all of their cars that can cause problems when you install them at the same time.

Its also part of the reason why RD will only allow certain mods in its download section basically everything there (as I understand it) could be installed and work without conflicts.

just a question
if its illegal can the player still download it but just not share it?
or will they get arested or somethin?

ross was on about david link which he removed i think
pretty shure these mazdas are legal and the guy who actually did the mod said something on a forum on some website where i got the link to the link for download and from the comments there i would assume they ok for download

okay so who is that?
im about 99% shure its legal because ross said most of his work is legal
hopefully some other people spot this thread and can answer the question of legallity [if that is even a word]

okay so who is that?
im about 99% shure its legal because ross said most of his work is legal
hopefully some other people spot this thread and can answer the question of legallity [if that is even a word]
He said most wich means there have been some illigal and that mod might be one of them wich I hope not.

I don't think your gonna get into trouble if you download and install this mod - sell 15,000 copies on ebay as you own work and you might have a bit of trouble, upload it to RD and admin might tell you off.

As for installing it on your pc and having a go thats your choice and your decision, bear in mind though it may technically be breaking some copyright law or other, even if you do own NFS Shift, so then its a moral choice, given the extreme unlikelyhood (is that a real word?) of you actually getting in trouble for it.

The real deal breaker for me is the car id's clashing thing - from what I have seen it shares at least one id with the MMG F1 mod and given the choice I'd rather have that installed and running well on my pc than this - although if it were 'legal' and would work (properly) alongside the F1 mod i'd probabaly be asking admin if we could have a Racing Club Event, because those screenies look great and the author has produced some fantastic work from what I have seen.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 355 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%