AC Mazda MX Cup @ Nurburgring GP GT - Fri 19JAN18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
No the prat in the orange car hit me off track then i was out of control, i went from 18th to 7th so clearly my driving is not an issue as was a lot better than those in front of me till 6th place.
Guy in orange number 36 started it all, can some one upload replay of the start please...

Bare in mind Jo is new to this, remain calm. You were not to blame for the incident.

Hi Joe,
Please forgive me, but I'm not so interested in your driving for the rest of the race.
I think you need to get hold of a copy of the replay and take a look at your throttle and direction at the time you collected me.
Still, I did knock another second off my PB during my private testing behind the race.
Jo

Jo its something you have to live with i'm afraid,

I have spend the last 2 months qualifying, and i have got punted of nearly every time i race, starting
In a variety of grid positions. Unfortunately it usually is not the actual car the hits you thats to blame.
It is usually because people want to make up 10 grid positions in the first corner.

Personally i just hook in behind the faster car in front of me, and follow him for the first lap
too acess my race strategy.

Rarely had this problem starting from the back of the grid, i think you were just unlucky this
time.

The next thing you will have to deal with is being hit on purpose if you try and overtake, this
does not happen too much these days in race department

Tomorrow i will look at the replay, it was quite a race for me getting knocks, unfortunately
i think "i" may have hit someone, at the time i thought it was not my fault. So i may have
some apologising to do :(:whistling:

Can the admins upload a replay of the start please? How i re joined the race was out of my hands as i was out of control due to orange number 36 side swiping as they ran out of talent, going in straight line.
My race was ruined but i carried on and enjoyed racing with the rest of the people.
I want to see a replay but also go watch real racing, stuff like this happens all the time, ask Seb Kimi and Max...

Can the admins upload a replay of the start please? How i re joined the race was out of my hands as i was out of control due to orange number 36 side swiping as they ran out of talent, going in straight line.
My race was ruined but i carried on and enjoyed racing with the rest of the people.
I want to see a replay but also go watch real racing, stuff like this happens all the time, ask Seb Kimi and Max...

Check your inbox, you have a PM with the replay file.

Can't view it i even downloded drop box but wont play on windows media player
You need to put it in
.../documents/Assetto Corsa/replay
And then open it from the launcher menu :)
Default car will be Paul's then so use ctrl+numpad 1 or 3 to shuffle through the cars.
For all camera angles: F5 will allow you to move the camera freely around your car. Mouse wheel zooms out, although not very much.

Hope that helps. Sh*t happens and the replay is the best way to figure it out. Then approach other drivers via a calm pm. If you don't feel comfortable or anything, put one of the AC staffs into the pm with you :)

Mod edit:
please don't call names or post incidents in the race thread.
The way to do it is to start a PM with the drivers involved. If you can't resolve it on your own -> add a Staff member (perfectly the race host) and it will get sorted :)
We're on it! Just give us some time as it's our weekend too and some of us are in a different time zone :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
But i have had a barrage of angry PM's.
Mod edit: We'll look into the PM's. If you feel insulted or wronged please report these PM's and we'll get on it asap.
But please: no calling out names to blame them. If you feel we should need "mod edit" some other posts/PM's/whatever please report them and we'll look into it! :)

But i have had a barrage of angry PM's.
Firstly, you or anyone who gets an abusive PM can and should report it. Admins can't read PMs otherwise.
Secondly, on a quick look at the replay I didn't see any sign of deliberate action by any of the parties involved. But again, this isn't the place to discuss that.

Last edited:
OK but if you get smashed off and whilst out of control hit someone else how in the hell is that your fault?
I was out of control after being hit...

Firstly, you or anyone who gets an abusive PM can and should report it. Admins can't read PMs otherwise.
Secondly, on a quick look at the replay I didn't see any sign of deliberate action by any of the parties involved. But again, this isn't the place to discuss that.

Well i was accused late last night and today of crashing into the green car driven by Joanne.... she hit the back of me whilst i was out of control due to being hit off track...

OK but if you get smashed off and whilst out of control hit someone else how in the hell is that your fault?
I was out of control after being hit...
I watched the videos before editing them out. You're not at fault. Please stop the blaming now and give it some time. You are 100% innocent for the incident :)

Personally I'd recommend that everyone set things up so they record replays for each race they're in.
Sadly AC isn't configured that way by default and I think you'll only have a short replay (if any) due to the default size limit etc.
I believe there are plenty of guides around explaining how to do it. That way you can review your race to see if you need to apologise to anyone (or make a report!) and you can also use it to figure out how the fast people are being so fast :D

I have constantly notice a particular trend, it is when a driver is along side then suddenly
sweves into the side of your car.
As in the case above, "as" it remains a mystery to me, can any one enlighten me on the
reason for this.

(Virtually all other causes for an incidence, i think i can sort of understand)

Not sure about AC but in other sims I've been able to satisfy myself that a missing packet or two (during course corrections) can directly lead to knocks (basically "lag crashes").

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back