Mazda MX-5

Cars Mazda MX-5 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Gergely Kiss submitted a new resource:

Mazda MX-5 - 1995 1.8i Mazda Miata by Pure Team

The long awaited Pure Madza Miata Mod is finally here. We hope you all enjoy as much as we have in testing and again thanks for all the support. Updates and more versions to follow in the coming months

Disclaimer: Distribution of this file and its contents is prohibited without the creators' consent. Modification of any content contained is prohibited without the creators' consent.

View attachment 97585 View attachment 97586 View attachment 97587...

Read more about this resource...

Sometimes i thought the project was dead (i mean, we got to see the great model very early and after that there was basically nothing new to see).

Great car, great mod, worth the wait.

:thumbsup:

*EDIT*

Thanks for releasing with proper sounds, can't wait to boot this up on a few tracks and have some fun.

3D model looks great

Last edited:
The "3rd party" hack is needed for basically every modded car since Kunos messes up mods with nearly every update. Its a general fix many mods needed already. Run it one time, and every mod will run fine. Many people did that already so it works already, for the others, there is the fix.

Further to my evaluation comments, which after some more testing seem overly critical - it seems that the driveability issue I mentioned is down to a too-quick steering ratio in the mod (the real NA Miata in fact has a very slow steering ratio of about 3 turns lock-to-lock, albeit neutralized in its effect a bit by the Miata's tight turning radius) and perhaps some too-easily induced snap oversteer that can't readily be caught. With some practice you can compensate but it's not ideal. Because the mod authors have chosen to encrypt the data file it's impossible to check what the steering ratio has been set to in this mod.

Otherwise a great mod, hopefully this can get sorted.

Last edited:
Sorry if it's a dumb question but how to apply (or download) the hack to make engine sounds audible? Couldn't see anything in the folder & a google search gave me nothing, cheers. Good looking car, looking forward to trying it.

Edit:OK, found it via the AC forum link, cheers. See if it drives like my MX-5!

Last edited:
Further to my evaluation comments, which after some more testing seem overly critical - it seems that the driveability issue I mentioned is down to a too-quick steering ratio in the mod (the real NA Miata in fact has a very slow steering ratio of about 3 turns lock-to-lock, albeit neutralized in its effect a bit by the Miata's tight turning radius) and perhaps some too-easily induced snap oversteer that can't readily be caught. With some practice you can compensate but it's not ideal. Because the mod authors have chosen to encrypt the data file it's impossible to check what the steering ratio has been set to in this mod.

Otherwise a great mod, hopefully this can get sorted.

As stated on the AC forums, we made this version absolute bone stock.. Hence no power steering, so the turns to lock is 3.35 with a ratio of 18:0:1 as per a non-powered Miata.

Great work!! Stunning detail... :)

Just one problem. When I drive with an automatic gearbox the car wont upshift into second gear,it does for half a second,then downshifts back. The rest of the gears work fine. No problem when in manual. Someone posted a video with the problem but i cant find it...

Gergely Kiss updated Mazda MX-5 with a new update entry:

Pure-Mazda_Miata_Mod-Update-v1.01

PURE Mazda Miata Update v1.01 Changelog.
Please read carefully before posting issues.

[SOUND]

-Completely Updated Soundbank for 1.1.6 (Remove Soundfix if you installed with v1.0 and restore original folder or Verify Game Cache)
-New exhaust sound (62_samples)
-New engine sound (62_samples)
-Fmod Dynamic 3D surround - Stereo mode (depending on camera pos.)
-New skid sounds (7_samples)
-New exhaust "pop's" (engine integrated...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Many thanks for this mod. I have a '91 MX-5/Miata/Eunos for the past 14 years as a sunny day/track day car and this is the 1st proper add-on Mk 1 NA model mod yet released.
I hope someone makes the earlier 7 spoke 14" minilite style alloys as an alternative. You have got the colours spot-on. Mine is a (Neo) British Racing Green / Tan interior V Spec import from Japan.
Sure it's not fast but there are over 1,000,000 of these out there in various versions so someone got it right from the start. If anyone can add the Nardo wooden steering wheel instead of the horrible airbag one and if it can be converted to right hand drive that would be great.
Also is it possible to have an LSD ? My car has one and it works well to stop the inside wheel spinning which these cars are very prone to.

Again, many thanks and keep on improving it if you can.

Last edited:
Gergely Kiss updated Mazda MX-5 with a new update entry:

mazda mx5 1.1

PURE Mazda Miata Update v1.1 Changelog.
Please read carefully before posting issues.

Changelog since 1.01:

Physics:

- Suspension geometry corrections
- Fixed overall weight, unsprung weights
- Shock travel, Spring rates, ride height, ARB corrected
- Completely new tyres that match new version
- Aero reworked, drag value fixed, lift added to both front and rear
- FFB tweaked
- Steering ratio and lock changed to quicker rack to help with non-linearity issues

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great job with v. 1.1 guys - all the issues I had mentioned in an earlier post about v. 1.01 have been addressed beautifully, the handling physics and the FFB seem spot on now.

Looking forward to your Stage 1 etc. versions!

Karoti, if you just simply extracted the file in you cars folder then that might be the problem.

I made a mistake with the folder hierarchy, so you have to make a mazda_miata folder manually in AC cars folder and put the files into it. I will update the link with a help of an admin soon so you don't have to do this in the future.

You can find the proper link at AC forum until we can update the link here. Apologies for the mistake.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%