AC Mazda MX-5 Cup @ Watkins Glen - Wednesday 16 January 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It was a very nice and tense race :)

Qualified P3 and fought for the first 2 or 3 laps for P1 then it settled down and became a consistency challenge between @Dan Costa , @Martijn van Bommel and me, concluded by close fight with Martijn and a surprise in the last straight !

So, in what was the last lap, If I went full speed I did have fuel to cross the line, but I would also cross the line about 10 seconds before the time limit was reached and that meant everybody had to do another lap, but I didn't had fuel for another lap :D
So with 2 minutes to go, I had about 10 seconds lead on 2nd place and had to slow down just enough to cross the line before the time limit, and ahead of 2nd place car behind me. I missed the win for 0.5s :D

I spent the last 10 laps sweating on what to do. I never want to lead a race again lol

Good fun. Cya next race.

What a great race,lots of fun.:)

Qually p4, not bad after having to adjust the line of entry into the chicane.
As did everybody looking at the times, as they were slower than in practise.:laugh:
I hope my lap was ok ,as i really really tried to keep at least 2 wheels on the white line :thumbsup:.

Start was good,managed to clinch a spot and then the 2 ahead of me battled it out resulting in some contact handing me p1:D.

Knowing very well that it wont last long,i just tried to keep it as clean and consistend as possible,although still not very confidend with the chicane.

after a few laps of battling the numbers 2,3 and 4 decided that my lead had grown enough so they started to catch me.
Dont know what happend to number 4 though, because at some point i had only 2 cars left in my mirrors and not 3.:O_o:

Once they caught up , @Dan Costa slipped by me and then @PfzFantaribo tried to pass me.
Some overtakes later he was passed and away,but somehow i was still able to stay close(problbly because i wasnt the only one making little mistakes :whistling:).

And in the end i was able to pass him again and then in the last lap again i was givin
not just the lead but also the victory as Dan slowed down on the start /finish straight
because of fear of running out of fuel :p.

I'll take that victory thank you :thumbsup::), no questions asked. :D

I'm not going to say that every single lap i did was within the white lines at the chicane ,but i really really tried.
Still have to watch the replay for that,
talking about replay:
at Brands Hatch i missed the first 9 or 10 laps because the replay can only be max 1000mb.
How do you guys have the replay of the start and the first few laps?

after a few laps of battling the numbers 2,3 and 4 decided that my lead had grown enough so they started to catch me.
Dont know what happend to number 4 though, because at some point i had only 2 cars left in my mirrors and not 3.:O_o:

Well, I passed @RobertR1 in the straight for P4 (I think ?) on the outside and maybe closed the door a bit too firmly on the chicane's entry, as I saw him loosing control. I watched the replay and saw there was no contact, but I know Assetto's replays are imprecise as hell so maybe I'm wrong. In the heat of the race, I felt no contact at that moment and was not aware of anything ... So Robert, if I did hinder you, made you lose your balance, or anything of the sort, I'm really sorry.

Once they caught up , @Dan Costa slipped by me and then @PfzFantaribo tried to pass me.
Some overtakes later he was passed and away,but somehow i was still able to stay close(problbly because i wasnt the only one making little mistakes :whistling:).

Yea, the gap between us kept going from 1.5 seconds to 1 second and back to 1.5 again. I felt kinda weak in the last two corners, and I think most of the time you gained on me came from those two. :)

I'm not going to say that every single lap i did was within the white lines at the chicane ,but i really really tried.
Still have to watch the replay for that,
talking about replay:
at Brands Hatch i missed the first 9 or 10 laps because the replay can only be max 1000mb.
How do you guys have the replay of the start and the first few laps?

Cheers, because we spent nearly half the race together I can say for a fact that you could not have tried better. I think we don't have to blame ourselves for anything, we tried our best to stay within the rules, bar the usual mistakes at the chicane which is a challenge for car balance and braking.

About the replay's size, I ran into the same issue last week and lowered the quality in order to save the entire race and not 2/3rds of it :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back