• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU Mazda MX-5 Cup @ Spa Franchorchamps - Wed 19 Dec 2018

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club & Leagues' started by Craig Dunkley, Dec 12, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 19-12-18
  1. JeroenH

JeroenH
    Addicted to cars Premium

Ratings:
    +25
    I was right behind you when Fernando span you. I could just avoid being involved in that accident as well. My heart was pounding there.
    Other than that I had a very strong start and made up 4 or 5 positions in the first lap. Slipstream is sooo strong!

My performance was dramatic after the pitstop:redface: But I had enough margin to Martin to retake my pace and finish my second podium ever in a row!:thumbsup:

Thanks for hosting Graig!

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Brian McManus

Brian McManus
    Steam: Brian Mac Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    I will upload the replay tonight :roflmao:
    When i was racing you after you're pitstop my ping went to up to 70, so i trying to be cautious and not touch. You probably noticed i backed off into en rouge.
    Great racing:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Martijn van Bommel

Martijn van Bommel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +60
    After missing out on pole by 0.17something (was faster in practise :mad:, but couldnt tie the sections together in qually), i started from p2.
    Had a good start and managed to slip into p1on the run to eau rouge after going side to side in t1,which was great :thumbsup:.

Lost p1 again going into t3 where Yohann pulled a great move on me on the outside :notworthy:.
    After that i could always stay close to him but when i wanted to get even closer
    i started to make little mistakes,overdriving the car and loosing a few tenths every lap,
    resulting in a bigger gap :D.

At the pitstop i took a little bit to much fuel onboard(just to be sure after last sundays 2 stop tragedy) , making the gap even bigger.:cry:

With no pressure from behind i had a pretty lonely race after 5 or 6 laps.
    Watching the leader pull away ever so slidely every lap and myself greating a bigger gap
    to the drivers behind me.:sleep:

funny thing was that i drove my fasted lap of the race in the last lap :).
    Right at the point were it really really didnt matter anymore hahaha.:poop:

Just incase i dont catch a race anymore this year:
    happy holidays everyone and a happy new year :thumbsup:

Thanks Craig for making these events possible :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    RaceDepartment Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,313
    It could have been a worse comeback after more than a year out. Qualified reasonably, 7th I think in the end. Lost a few spots in the early dicing but made some back through the race. Had some great clean fights, side-by-side cornering, switchbacks and all the jazz. I have no idea who the guys were I was with most of the race in the midfield but was epic fun and very clean so thanks.

A couple of hairy moments here and there but reasonably consistent though in the end ran out of fuel when running 5th with 2mins to go. Rusty mistake to make, running at Spa and forgetting you'll be lapping a second faster per lap with all the tow. I had over-fueled but not enough. Oh well, on to the next :)

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RasmusP

RasmusP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,697
    Awesome to see you back on track! I still have our massive kemmel straight wipe out video in the abarth 500 somewhere on my disk :roflmao::inlove:
    And it seems your pace is still there. Damn! :geek:

• Beer Beer x 1
  6. RobertR1

RobertR1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +201
    My highlight starting from the back was splitting the 2 cars fighting mid pack going through the fast double left hand turns half way around the track. Thanks for letting me be the meat in your sandwich lol

• Haha Haha x 3
  7. Brian McManus

Brian McManus
    Steam: Brian Mac Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    just sloppy video of lap 1. i will have to get some video editing software and do a proper full video.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.