AC Mazda MX-5 Cup @ Spa Franchorchamps - Wed 19 Dec 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I had an eventful race but turned out to be great.
Quali p5 , everybody got a clean start until t7 Fernando flanagan bumped my off track and sent me back 3rd from last.
Im not sure if he seen me but i was along side, i had some great battles with daryl and jeroen.
there was battle coming up with sasha, until i pitted and the car never fueled up so i had to pit again :confused:
my first refueling race, you live and learn :roflmao:
p7 not to bad after a tricky race:thumbsup:

I was right behind you when Fernando span you. I could just avoid being involved in that accident as well. My heart was pounding there.
Other than that I had a very strong start and made up 4 or 5 positions in the first lap. Slipstream is sooo strong!

My performance was dramatic after the pitstop:redface: But I had enough margin to Martin to retake my pace and finish my second podium ever in a row!:thumbsup:

Thanks for hosting Graig!

After missing out on pole by 0.17something (was faster in practise :mad:, but couldnt tie the sections together in qually), i started from p2.
Had a good start and managed to slip into p1on the run to eau rouge after going side to side in t1,which was great :thumbsup:.

Lost p1 again going into t3 where Yohann pulled a great move on me on the outside :notworthy:.
After that i could always stay close to him but when i wanted to get even closer
i started to make little mistakes,overdriving the car and loosing a few tenths every lap,
resulting in a bigger gap :D.

At the pitstop i took a little bit to much fuel onboard(just to be sure after last sundays 2 stop tragedy) , making the gap even bigger.:cry:

With no pressure from behind i had a pretty lonely race after 5 or 6 laps.
Watching the leader pull away ever so slidely every lap and myself greating a bigger gap
to the drivers behind me.:sleep:

funny thing was that i drove my fasted lap of the race in the last lap :).
Right at the point were it really really didnt matter anymore hahaha.:poop:

Just incase i dont catch a race anymore this year:
happy holidays everyone and a happy new year :thumbsup:

Thanks Craig for making these events possible :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It could have been a worse comeback after more than a year out. Qualified reasonably, 7th I think in the end. Lost a few spots in the early dicing but made some back through the race. Had some great clean fights, side-by-side cornering, switchbacks and all the jazz. I have no idea who the guys were I was with most of the race in the midfield but was epic fun and very clean so thanks.

A couple of hairy moments here and there but reasonably consistent though in the end ran out of fuel when running 5th with 2mins to go. Rusty mistake to make, running at Spa and forgetting you'll be lapping a second faster per lap with all the tow. I had over-fueled but not enough. Oh well, on to the next :)

Second full race with a VR headset and I found myself competitive after struggling a bit in the midfield last week. Got the pole with a bit of luck and fought for the first half of the race with @Martijn van Bommel , amazing performance to stay for 5 laps a second apart on a 3 minutes lap :)

Also thank you @Craig Dunkley for this, and happy holidays everyone
Awesome to see you back on track! I still have our massive kemmel straight wipe out video in the abarth 500 somewhere on my disk :roflmao::inlove:
And it seems your pace is still there. Damn! :geek:

My highlight starting from the back was splitting the 2 cars fighting mid pack going through the fast double left hand turns half way around the track. Thanks for letting me be the meat in your sandwich lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back