AC Mazda MX-5 Cup @ Nordschleife - Wed 14 Nov 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I can't participate at this race because I have an issue my Fanatec pedal are not detected !!:mad: the pedal worked fine yesterday, very strange.:thumbsdown:

Sorry !

Sorry about the lap 1 incident, that was my fault due to running over a kerb which was higher than I had anticipated (I don't use it during normal laps so hadn't paid attention to its height before). My bad.

Last edited:
Denis please accept my apologies if I seemed a bit stroppy. I had two collisions in a short space time. So thanks for stopping. Not sure why the other person didn't. Is there a replay that I can look at?

I love this circuit and these are fun cars to drive!
I drive from the rear of the grid, my PC is so old, I probably shouldn't even be driving A/C but I do. Framerate in a race is 20-30, less than half of a practice drive so I do late signups :).

Like I said, luv this track!
I was delayed on L1 when I hit a spinning car, should have left the grid another 10 seconds later :(.Oh well @Buster slipped into range on L2 and stupid me actually engaged him, tsk-tsk, he came out of my draft and as he was along side it appears I was drifting into him for another awkward delay :rolleyes:. Chase mode from then on and with that pressure a wheel off and ,yah, more time lost. A great pitstop and good drive to the end but no chance to catch anyone :confused::(:mad:.

Tons of fun!!

Great race chaps ...I had a few battles at the rear, I knew I would there because I have just been too darn lazy to learn the track, but still great fun.

@Dennis Phelan ..had some fun with you also ..as you have already mentioned, you do not have to be at the front to have fun!!

Hope to see you all next week at Cadwell ..I am sure that will provide some fun also :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great fun (obviously, because Nordschleife), even though a bit lonely for me (though the couple of spins I had helped me remedy that somewhat, bloody curbs...)

Thanks for the race.

That was a great excuse to finally try and learn this track, and the little '5 was a surprisingly fun car to do it in. Awesome combo!

Had a few incidents along the way. A couple on my own, a couple not, but overall this was a really cool experience. I think I just want to drive the nords now for a while with lots of different types of car - I'm hooked! :D

The biggest issue during the race in fact was my Rift being locked to 45fps with ASW disabled. In qualy I came back to the pits to watch some faster cars, then eventually pressed ctrl-2 to get back to my own car. I'd forgotten that this is also an ASW hotkey for the Rift, and by the time I realised, the race had started and it was too late to fix. Every corner felt like a slideshow as the rendering was locked at half the usual framerate. I tried to rectify it on the main straight of the first lap but ended up in the barrier so just left it as it was. My eyes were not impressed!! :speechless::whistling:

Anyway congrats to the guys up front, there were some v impressive laptimes being laid down. And thanks as always to Craig for hosting :thumbsup:

Last edited:
This was an interesting and fun race!
Unfortunately I was not able to test this circuit in the last couple of days, but @Buster helped me getting a few basics right. Thanks again, it worked like a charm!

I started in the middle of the field, saw some carnage in lap one (where I was very lucky to just pass through without hitting anyone) and was on my way in P12 in lap 2.

First thing I discovered was I can't handle pressure on this circuit.. It's very difficult to chose a defending line, because most of the circuit is mostly made out of 'flowing' turns, if you know what I mean. The two battles I had, badly ended with me in the barriers.
Pit stops are something I never did in AC, but it went very smooth and fast.
After the second battle I ran a pretty lonely race to what I thought would be p12, but someone spend a lot of time in the pits and someone quit in the last lap, so a semi-proud, exhausted but fun P10.

Thanks guys! See you next week.

@Søren Steenberg Thanks for the awesome battle after my pit stop!
I hope you felt it was fair and clean? My dive from the outside into the Karussell felt a bit cheeky. Looking at the replay it seems you just braked earlier, which is what I hoped for. I braked very very late and wasn't sure if I wouldn't get spit out :barefoot::barefoot:

Looking at your pov it looks like you went a bit too far to the inside just when I turned in. So from your onboard it appears to me that you could feel pushed off by me :redface:

So if that is the case, I want to say sorry to you :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back