EU Mazda MX-5 Cup (Live Stream) @ Barcelona- Wed 12 Dec 2018

Craig Dunkley

10000RPM
Staff
Premium
Jun 9, 2013
Thanks for the race chaps, everything went very smoothly, not one complaint ...thanks for making my life so easy :thumbsup:

Congrads of course to the podiums, I believe there was four of you at the front having some great battles with each other, there was also some good battles midfield and at the rear :thumbsup:

Brian McManus

Steam: Brian Mac
Sep 22, 2012
There is plenty of competition with these club races. Superfast and all great quality drivers.
I couldnt imagine doing a 40 min race on a public server.
Thanks craig.

Reactions: Anders Jensen

Dan ONeill

250RPM
Nov 27, 2013
Ok so having reviewed the replay who ever started 8th definitely took me out but from the drivers view (in VR anyway) he may not have seen me as I was 3/4 alongside in his blind spot.
Case closed. :)

Reactions: Balazs Floszmann

Wayne Morgan

250RPM
Mar 2, 2010
Hello Dan
I do remember feeling contact at one point within the first few laps
but thought at the time someone had hit me as I don't remember having any steering input but I may be wrong
But you was correct I never see you and I am very sorry for spoiling your race

Sasha Black

75RPM
Premium
Jun 29, 2018
I know setup is only the part of it, but if any of you podium guys would share yours, I'd like to check how it can improve my times or not. Thank you in advance

RobertR1

1000RPM
Premium
May 14, 2018
I know setup is only the part of it, but if any of you podium guys would share yours, I'd like to check how it can improve my times or not. Thank you in advance
I run the same setup all the time in the MX-5 regardless of track. I think @Medilloni posted this back in the day when I first started with AC and stuck to it since.

1 main tip. Don't try to use kerbs. It'll spin quickly. The only change I make is the tire pressure on tracks to keep them in the green.

Attachments

Brian McManus

Steam: Brian Mac
Sep 22, 2012
How to you guys get the temps to stay in the green on the lhs of the car.
I think my pressure where about 15psi.

Craig Dunkley

10000RPM
Staff
Premium
Jun 9, 2013
How to you guys get the temps to stay in the green on the lhs of the car.
I think my pressure where about 15psi.
You can not, at times try as you may, they will remain blue. In AC all you can do, is get the correct pressure, tire pressure in AC is way more important than temps.

PfzFantaribo

Honestly what are we doing ? Racing or ping-pong ?
Mar 23, 2013
In addition to what Craig said, on this car just aim for the lowest tire pressure delta with Pro tyres app.

Get out on the track, drive 3/4 laps in race pace and adjust your delta ;)

Sasha Black

75RPM
Premium
Jun 29, 2018
In addition to what Craig said, on this car just aim for the lowest tire pressure delta with Pro tyres app.

Get out on the track, drive 3/4 laps in race pace and adjust your delta ;)
Does it mean, no matter if tyres are cold, it is crucial to adjust the pressure?

RobertR1

1000RPM
Premium
May 14, 2018
Does it mean, no matter if tyres are cold, it is crucial to adjust the pressure?
As it was explained to me, the number means more than the color you see on the screen. I try to keep them between 26-28 psi hot. I could be wrong so best to take multiple people's feedback.