AC Mazda Mx-5 Cup @ Kyalami - Wednesday 3rd March

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
A quick question - if you come off the track, is there a good way to see if someone is coming to make sure the track is clear before re-joining? I couldn't see the wing mirrors due to the nets and the rear view mirror was a too narrow to tell if someone was approaching. Perhaps there is a smart way to do this?
MapDisplay is a good app for that and also Stock Real-time to some extend

To all drivers tonight:
I would like to have your opinion on the following matters:
1 Do you want the racetime to stay 30min or do you want it longer (40min) or shorter (20 min)?
2. Should we schedule this MX5 event for every week but on Thursday (to make room on Wednesday for other events) would you still join?

You can answer as a reply in this thread. Thanks!
1. I think 30 mins is fine, 40 mins would be the same for me
2. Wednesday's are best but I can do Thursday's too if it comes down to it, pity Denis won't be there :(

@HF2000 Looks like you've got a good turn out for your first race as host. It's probably the highest it has been for years for a week day night. Not sure what John @Medilloni will make of it...
:p :roflmao:
:laugh: "what I make of it" is - your public piss-taking is OK with me Patrick, though 'bitter and twisted' is a bit OT :( Maybe you could stick your arse on the line and put some events up?
My sincere apologies to all, and to you Patrick, I should never have said that - note to self, never post when on a downer.

Last edited:
To all drivers tonight:
1 Do you want the racetime to stay 30min or do you want it longer (40min) or shorter (20 min)?
2. Should we schedule this MX5 event for every week but on Thursday (to make room on Wednesday for other events) would you still join?

1. 30 mins seem good for this kind of races
2. Maybe... honestly I usually can race one event per week, so I choose which is cool and fits real life...

Thx for your huge effort here and hosting our pleassure!

:laugh: "what I make of it" is - your public piss-taking is OK with me Patrick, though 'bitter and twisted' is a bit OT :( Maybe you could stick your arse on the line and put some events up?

John, it was never my intention to cause offense or upset you in any way, shape or form. Please accept my apologies for going to far with my crap jokes. I won't make any more. I promise.

I'd love to put some events up, but as you know I work shifts so it's difficult for me to commit to any given day/event :(. I might not always show it, but I do appreciate the efforts that staff, both past & present, go to to put these events on.

Last edited:
To all drivers tonight:

1. 30 Mins are good
2. Thursday would be good to have the Wednesday for other events (Group C :whistling: )

Nice race overall, managed not to be the last on a track and a car I never drove at/it, and with a new set of pedals I had barely used in the days before the race.. I just have a bitter taste because at the end of the second lap I've been hit from behind and lost few positions, I thought that I would've been waited by at least @JamKart22 who hit me, but nope..

A stupid error while I was trying not to lose too much time from @Interslice costed me another couple positions halfway through the race.

On the other hand, nice battle at the end of a race with @hape , I have serious trouble managing pressure from behind and indeed you managed to overtake in the last lap, bravo!

Certainly, this formula of using less powerful cars is less demanding and equally funny in comparison to the GT3 races and allows to make some experience for the Sunday race, especially if you do not know the track like the palm of your hand. I will certainly join if anyone is willing to keep this schedule in the future.

What counts as an 'incident' on SGP? My first race using it, I got scraped a few times in first few turns and then got knocked off the track, but otherwise I spent most of the race driving alone. I still managed to get 10 incidents in this race according to the dashboard. I don't remember hitting anybody anywhere, going off or cutting the track but apparently its all car collisions :unsure:

Going to need a lot of races with none to get that average down :(

Last edited:
To all drivers tonight:

I think that 30 minutes is the sweet spot between the need of not impacting too much on the family duties (Sunday evening is the only one in which neither me nor my wife had worked during the day) and the possibility of recovering from errors or having some fun during the race. 5/10 laps races a lá public lobby are frustrating in that sense IMHO.
I definitely would still join on Thursday, though for me Wednesday and Thursday are equally good.

Last edited:
What counts as an 'incident' on SGP? My first race using it, I got scraped a few times in first few turns and then got knocked off the track, but otherwise I spent most of the race driving alone. I still managed to get 10 incidents in this race according to the dashboard. I don't remember hitting anybody anywhere, going off or cutting the track but apparently its all car collisions :unsure:

Tim, just ignore this for now. I haven't got a clue either why I got 4 incidents in this race. @Denis Betty got 14 (!) and I know him as a very respectful driver. Maybe in time the incidents will be better tuned in SGP. So we keep on going like we did on RaceDepartment servers. If you have an incident where some other driver hits you and he doesn't obey the Golden Rule and/or apologise , send him a PM to hear his side of the story and then decide if you want to report it by sending a PM to the staff member who organized the event. He will look into it and let you know his findings and actions.

My most disappointing race to date. Spent quite a lot of time beforehand practicing and qualified midfield.

Had a few offs which seemed to really cause the tyres to go off for a few laps.

Big apologies to @maxilogan for the nudge on lap two. I got caught out by my braking. I see now that I should have stopped to let you pass. I can only apologies again and learn from this incident.

It's very sensitive. I wouldn't worry about it tim. I think it may even include the qualy and practice.

John, it was never my intention to cause offense or upset you in any way, shape or form. Please accept my apologies for going to far with my crap jokes. I won't make any more. I promise.

I'd love to put some events up, but as you know I work shifts so it's difficult for me to commit to any given day/event :(. I might not always show it, but I do appreciate the efforts that staff, both past & present, go to to put these events on.
I've just edited my stupid post Patrick, my apologies for reacting like I did, totally uncalled for from me.

Nice race overall, managed not to be the last on a track and a car I never drove at/it, and with a new set of pedals I had barely used in the days before the race.. I just have a bitter taste because at the end of the second lap I've been hit from behind and lost few positions, I thought that I would've been waited by at least @JamKart22 who hit me, but nope..

A stupid error while I was trying not to lose too much time from @Interslice costed me another couple positions halfway through the race.

On the other hand, nice battle at the end of a race with @hape , I have serious trouble managing pressure from behind and indeed you managed to overtake in the last lap, bravo!

Certainly, this formula of using less powerful cars is less demanding and equally funny in comparison to the GT3 races and allows to make some experience for the Sunday race, especially if you do not know the track like the palm of your hand. I will certainly join if anyone is willing to keep this schedule in the future.
Omar, regarding the incident in which you were hit, please don't use names in the thread. You can contact the causer through a PM to hear his side of the story. After that you can decide to report it through a PM to the organizing staff member. He will look into it.

Omar, regarding the incident in which you were hit, please don't use names in the thread. You can contact the causer through a PM to hear his side of the story. After that you can decide to report it through a PM to the organizing staff member. He will look into it.

Thanks Han. Sorry if I broke any rule. As for me, I didn't and don't want to cause any problem, I think that now that we understand each other with @JamKart22 we can consider this event to have been sorted out. Should anything happen in the future, I will get in touch with him directly.

Tim, just ignore this for now. I haven't got a clue either why I got 4 incidents in this race. @Denis Betty got 14 (!) and I know him as a very respectful driver. Maybe in time the incidents will be better tuned in SGP. So we keep on going like we did on RaceDepartment servers. If you have an incident where some other driver hits you and he doesn't obey the Golden Rule and/or apologise , send him a PM to hear his side of the story and then decide if you want to report it by sending a PM to the staff member who organized the event. He will look into it and let you know his findings and actions.
I had a little sideways rub just after the start as I moved out to miss the car in front (maybe 60/40 my fault). Then I had a couple guys bump me from behind under braking (normal). Then I had a big accident (racing incident/not really my fault) where several cars came round a corner and each one seem to hit me twice. I felt like I was in a pinball machine. Luckily I don't drive in VR, but with triples I was dizzy as a Maypole dancer.

I agree with Brian though, the collisions stats seem to come from nowhere sometimes, esp the environmental ones. I wonder if the car bottoming out counts toward them?

As a side note, I couldn't hear nor talk with anyone yesterday. I thought I had found the answer in this Rasmus post, but still I didn't manage to add RD as a trusted "app". Before the race I made sure I changed the nickname to my real name but even that didn't change anything.

Any clue? :O_o:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing