AC Mazda Mx-5 Cup @ Kyalami - Wednesday 3rd March

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ah, sorry for my whining here guys. I didn't expect I missed the latest track update. Then downloading was assumed to take an hour. But after restarting everything it took a few minutes, then it worked well.

Thanks to @HF2000 and Cornelius for helping in the chat!

Finally I made it to qualy and managed P3. The start was good with a small fight with Aaron but then everyone had found his pace, so it was just biting the wheel and bringing it home into P3. Nothing more I could do, so grats to @Erik Axelsson for the victory. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for joining tonight! And I hope that you all had fun.

There were very few participants in Discord. As this is going to be the standard voice chat application that we're using, I'll ask everyone who hasn't Discord yet to install it and use it for the next race. You don't have to use the microphone but you should be able to hear my crappy English in my terrible Dutch accent. It's best to install the Discord app instead of using the browser function. With the app you can use 'Push-to-talk'.

For the ones who used this as preparation for the GT3 race: see you Sunday.
There will be another MX5Cup event next Wednesday on the same track as the GT3 event the following Sunday. As soon as @Chris Down Chris has decided which one, I will set up the MX5 event.

To all drivers tonight:
I would like to have your opinion on the following matters:
1 Do you want the racetime to stay 30min or do you want it longer (40min) or shorter (20 min)?
2. Should we schedule this MX5 event for every week but on Thursday (to make room on Wednesday for other events) would you still join?

You can answer as a reply in this thread. Thanks!

Last edited:
To all drivers tonight:
I would like to have your opinion on the following matters:
1 Do you want the racetime to stay 30min or do you want it longer or shorter.
2. Should we schedule this MX5 event for every week but on Thursday (to make room on Wednesday for other events) would you still join?

You can answer as a reply in this thread. Thanks!
1. 30 minutes is a good balance
2. Thursdays are better for me so yes :)

Edit to say thanks everyone for a fantastic race. Qualified P8 and got a little lucky with people spinning to bring home P6. Felt so good finding consistency and lap after lap within a few 1/10ths of my PB. P6 for me feels like a win.

Looking forward to more MX-5 nights!

Last edited:
Thanks han for putting on a great event. It's a fantastic dutch accent you have :D When it all settled out i has a bit of a battle with miguel for the whole race. Kept me on my toes!

Congrats to erik aksusson for the win, setting the mid week pace again :thumbsup:

See you all sunday/next one.

That was fun, thanks everyone (especially @HF2000 for organising). There was some good scrapping at the back.

I tried to join the Discord but it's locked for me sadly. I've linked my discord and RD accounts but it hasn't unlocked the voice channels sadly.

Answering the questions:
1 Do you want the racetime to stay 30min or do you want it longer or shorter. 30mins is good for me.
2. Should we schedule this MX5 event for every week but on Thursday (to make room on Wednesday for other events) would you still join? Quite possibly. It's a small step up from the Rookie events.

Mortified about punting you off @Denis Betty , I was paying too much attention on Cornelius, forgot about you. Tried to hit you back in a straight line, that did not go too well either. :unsure:
Amazing times from front runners, thanks to Han for the organisation,
Really enjoyed my race.
Ha ha, no no, not your fault. Cornelius was telegraphing an outbraking attempt and he clearly had the bit between his teeth (I'd seen what happened with him and Steve) so I braked a bit early. He was quicker and trying to block him might have slowed us both down. You came across me trying to show an intended undercut but I wasn't really expecting it to come off. ;)

A quick question - if you come off the track, is there a good way to see if someone is coming to make sure the track is clear before re-joining? I couldn't see the wing mirrors due to the nets and the rear view mirror was a too narrow to tell if someone was approaching. Perhaps there is a smart way to do this?

A quick question - if you come off the track, is there a good way to see if someone is coming to make sure the track is clear before re-joining? I couldn't see the wing mirrors due to the nets and the rear view mirror was a too narrow to tell if someone was approaching. Perhaps there is a smart way to do this?

Track map is fine usually. Unless it a high speed section where i would have an eye on the realtime too. Both just stock apps.

Last edited:
One of the apps shows the time gap to drivers nearest you, in front and behind. You should check this and set up a look behind button on your wheel. :)

EDIT: Yep... Realtime, that's the one. :roflmao: :ninja:d

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%