AC Mazda Mx-5 Cup @ Kyalami - Wednesday 3rd March

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm finding it impossible to keep heat in the tyres. I'm adjusting the pressure to keep 26psi in each but they are stone cold. Any suggestions?

I haven't adjusted anything else on the setup

I seem to remember asking similar before and in light cars like the MX-5 I think it's just not possible to get the heat into them. I don't understand why but I think it's just the way AC works.

Pretty cool track and car combo, car looks much better than the same car in iracing which is as far as I got on there. Are you guys using H pattern shifters and clutch with this car?

Yes.

Unfortunately, not all H pattern shifters are equal. I had a lot more mis-shifts using the Logitech G27 H shifter than I do with the Thrustmaster TH8a, so i don't blame folks for avoiding 'em.

Yes.

Unfortunately, not all H pattern shifters are equal. I had a lot more mis-shifts using the Logitech G27 H shifter than I do with the Thrustmaster TH8a, so i don't blame folks for avoiding 'em.

Is it the shifter or the clutch? I find I'm lazy with the clutch and tend to only press it halfway resulting in the odd mis-shift. So long as we're all missing gears then it's fair :D

I'm finding it impossible to keep heat in the tyres. I'm adjusting the pressure to keep 26psi in each but they are stone cold. Any suggestions?

I haven't adjusted anything else on the setup
I can't either. It will be the same for everone. And in AC the pressure is of more importance as I heard from the fast guys.

But I'm looking into track temperatures for future races. Maybe that will help somewhat. I'm thinking of using the actual local temperature conditions for the specific track with clear and sunny weather. For this first event I didn't want to divert from what seems like a kind of default.

The practice server is up. So are the servers for the Sunday and Monday races. So when you search for 'racedep' you should get three servers. If you only see the Sunday race server, you've probably not installed the right mods. They can be found with the mod tab on the s.gp page where you signed up.

The race server (practice,qualify,race) will only be available at the indicated timeframe (20.00 (19.00 UTC) but you have to search it in Content Manager with 'simracing.gp'.

Ouch!! I figured it out: I'm missing the Japanese pack DLC! Time to shell out some money..

[
I can't either. It will be the same for everone. And in AC the pressure is of more importance as I heard from the fast guys.

But I'm looking into track temperatures for future races. Maybe that will help somewhat. I'm thinking of using the actual local temperature conditions for the specific track with clear and sunny weather. For this first event I didn't want to divert from what seems like a kind of default.

They are a hard compound slick so are going to run a bit cool on an mx5 cup. She's no 787b!

Last edited:
Is it the shifter or the clutch? I find I'm lazy with the clutch and tend to only press it halfway resulting in the odd mis-shift. So long as we're all missing gears then it's fair :D
First there are people who don't have a clutch pedal and/or an H-shifter so they don't have an option. Second as I understand in AC using paddles and no clutch in cars that have them, is 'punished' with a small delay to even things. I can't tell myself if that is true. I know that in the heat of the race it's easy with the G27 to make a mistake especially with gear 3 and 5.

First there are people who don't have a clutch pedal and/or an H-shifter so they don't have an option. Second as I understand in AC using paddles and no clutch in cars that have them, is 'punished' with a small delay to even things. I can't tell myself if that is true. I know that in the heat of the race it's easy with the G27 to make a mistake especially with gear 3 and 5.

Yeah I did notice that as I tried both which is why I asked. The shifting felt artificially slow with the paddles..

The full iracing experience for you today!

Actually I was baffled as I installed the track from the SGP link and I remembered I had all the DLCs.. it turns out it was almost all. Now I have the full AC package, no one can stop me from spinning with each and every car! :roflmao::roflmao:

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction

Arghhhh, why don't I find the server?!?!?

Have the required stuff I think and the filters in the lobby as suggested.

I can see the server for the GT3 race though... So my track version should be right, right?

Arghhhh, why don't I find the server?!?!?

Have the required stuff I think and the filters in the lobby as suggested.

I can see the server for the GT3 race though... So my track version should be right, right?
Yes, it's the same track. Do you have the Japanese DLC?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 129 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 473 39.0%