AC Mazda Mx-5 Cup @ Kyalami - Wednesday 3rd March

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Nice one dave. Always great to have new guys on board. Perfect races these to get involved first time. Might be more of a spread in the field and some blue flags(I'll be expecting a few myself!), than a rookie race but all are more than welcome.

Sorry for the nudge if you have already, but make sure to read the rules and regs in post 2 before the race. Any questions just shout in here and someone will sort you out :thumbsup:

Got it :thumbsup: I'm definitely in the beginner/learner category so will look out for flags.

Got it :thumbsup: I'm definitely in the beginner/learner category so will look out for flags.

Welcome mate! Don't worry too much about it. Lapping safely is also the responsibility of the lapping driver and losing time there is part of his race. (Or in other words he's on fault for being too fast :p ).

Also a lap time is more than 2 minutes and the car isn't too hard to handle, so I don't expect much lapping moves. I calculate with 15 laps, so to get lapped you'd need to loose 8 seconds each lap...

Last edited:
Wa
hat Discord channel will you use for chat?
There's a link on the RD simracing.gp screen
1614711629998.png

That link brings you here:

1614711700800.png

On the left you can navigate to the voice chat for Assetto Corsa.

Attachments

• 1614711500414.png
    1614711500414.png
    248.1 KB · Views: 33
A nice combo for sure :thumbsup: Guess you'll have a lot of fun tonight. Too bad I'm not at home today evening but we'll see us on Sunday and hopefully next Wednesday as well. Racing the MX-5 was always fun.

I signed up and I'll be there for sure. The only problem is that due to personal duties I couldn't practice and I don't know the track at all. I hope I won't be too much of an hassle for the fast guys, I'll watch some videos today and try to join before the quali.

As I have a very tight schedule this afternoon, I was trying to set up everything: installed the circuit and had a look at the online section in Content Manager but can't find the server (there's just the RD one for next Sunday race). Is that the way it's supposed to be? That there's no server currently and maybe it can be found only at the time of the race?
I assume this it because I'm used to the way it works with RD races.. this is my first time on SGP

As I have a very tight schedule this afternoon, I was trying to set up everything: installed the circuit and had a look at the online section in Content Manager but can't find the server (there's just the RD one for next Sunday race). Is that the way it's supposed to be? That there's no server currently and maybe it can be found only at the time of the race?
I assume this it because I'm used to the way it works with RD races.. this is my first time on SGP
There is a practice server up and running, The race server only appears at the start time

I signed up and I'll be there for sure. The only problem is that due to personal duties I couldn't practice and I don't know the track at all. I hope I won't be too much of an hassle for the fast guys, I'll watch some videos today and try to join before the quali.
No problem, Omar. The car is easy to drive and blue flags are not likely in this 30 min race unless you go off track a couple of times. If you get a blue flag, just keep on the raceline in the turns and ease of the throttle on the next straight (don't brake! Be predictable). The frontrunners might loose some time but that's part of the game. If you do this, no one will hold it against you.

The practice server is up. So are the servers for the Sunday and Monday races. So when you search for 'racedep' you should get three servers. If you only see the Sunday race server, you've probably not installed the right mods. They can be found with the mod tab on the s.gp page where you signed up.

The race server (practice,qualify,race) will only be available at the indicated timeframe (20.00 (19.00 UTC) but you have to search it in Content Manager with 'simracing.gp'.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing