AC Mazda Mx-5 Cup @ Kyalami - Wednesday 3rd March

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. This Wednesday we are racing the Mazda MX5Cup @ Kyalami in Assetto Corsa and you are invited to join! Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. The MX5 is easy to drive and ideal to let you focus and learn to optimize racinglines and cornering speed.

THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL BE AT THIS TRACK!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints in a car that's less demanding than the GT3's and have a lot of fun at the same time.

1200px-Kyalami.svg.png

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
  • Cars: Mazda MX5Cup
  • Track: Kyalami
  • 20:00 UTC | Practice (20 minutes)
  • 20:20 UTC | Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 20:40 UTC | Race (30 minutes)
Register your car for this event
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengelveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.
Useful links
  1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Click here for entry list

See you on track!

Last edited by a moderator:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

I love racing the MX5! Such a fun car to throw around. I can't join yet but I am excited to see all the new weekday events and I have a feeling I'll be more available after my house move in a couple of months.

Seeing all the new activity on the AC Club page is awesome! Thanks for all the work you folks are doing! :D

You should find it in the RaceDepartment community.

Does this link work for you? If not than you probably didn't mail Bram Hengeveld for access to that community. See the first post for how to do that.

Last edited:
I can sign into simracing.gp ok and see the event but the only options I can see to carry out are to copy the hash of the server, share the event via social media and a link to download the track - no register type button etc

I can sign into simracing.gp ok and see the event but the only options I can see to carry out are to copy the hash of the server, share the event via social media and a link to download the track - no register type button etc

I'm guessing you have no button to choose a car?

Screenshot_20210301-113213.png

Sounds like , as han said, you are reggied on the website but not the RD community. Just send @Bram Hengeveld a PM if so.

Last edited:
Thanks I'll give that a go. As I didn't have the Join option against RD I thought it was already active though the other confusing factor is that the Choose button is also missing from the simracing.gp community races and I have raced several of those previously.

Thanks I'll give that a go. As I didn't have the Join option against RD I thought it was already active though the other confusing factor is that the Choose button is also missing from the simracing.gp community races and I have raced several of those previously.

Ye that's it, join function isn't on RD. ATM the only way in is to contact Bram.

Last edited:
Just registered for this having enjoyed the Audi TT cup rookie races. Look forward to seeing you all there.

Nice one dave. Always great to have new guys on board. Perfect races these to get involved first time. Might be more of a spread in the field and some blue flags(I'll be expecting a few myself!), than a rookie race but all are more than welcome.

Sorry for the nudge if you have already, but make sure to read the rules and regs in post 2 before the race. Any questions just shout in here and someone will sort you out :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 196 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.5%