AC Mazda MX-5 Cup @ Feldbergring - Wednesday 23 Jan 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi @Fat-Alfie, first of all, what a track! Thank you very much for letting us drive this masterpiece.

To help you with the falling out of the map.. I didn't fall out myself, but I saw it happening to Robert Walia. I found a video of Shad3R around your track. They went trough the fence between 2:15 and 2:20 in his video on the right side of the track. I hope this helped you a bit!

Just wanted to let here a video of myself with the 1962 Ferrari around this track.
This car/track combo is incredibly good

Last edited:
Found it! Thank you! I have fixed that gap in the invisible wall, and will check the entire length of the track tonight. I will release an updated version at the weekend.

Thanks for using my track for your racing, btw - it makes me very happy to see other people using my creations :thumbsup:

If you like old school tracks you might like my next one, due to be released in a month or so - Deutschlandring, 10km long, 1954 (ish):

@Craig Dunkley thanks for the race! I had loads of fun yesterday with some of you guys. The track is crazy good and I wish i had more time than just qualy to learn it.

I couldn't have guessed yesterday while driving home from work that I would be driving like I was going home from work on the last lap. Fun times!

Cheers

Thanks indeed @Craig Dunkley ! I had a lot of fun yesterday.

Another question; is the MX5-cup the only car that's being raced on wednesday? Or is this a long cycle before the car changes?
Long cycles. But as you can see it just got changed to the BMW 235i Racing for next week :)
That way you can really make progress, get better with one car at different tracks. I found it strange at the beginning as I wanted to race something else every week but the more I raced the more I didn't like the changes at first hehe

Dammit :( I fell through the map too. I couldn't escape (car still moving. I made 300mph in a Miata :roflmao: )
I alt tabbed, but ended up with a hung machine, had to hard reboot.

:D hahaha had the same thing earlier this week during practise,
only i could ctrl-alt-del and then close AC .

Hi @Fat-Alfie, first of all, what a track! Thank you very much for letting us drive this masterpiece.

To help you with the falling out of the map.. I didn't fall out myself, but I saw it happening to Robert Walia. I found a video of Shad3R around your track. They went trough the fence between 2:15 and 2:20 in his video on the right side of the track. I hope this helped you a bit!

Correct,was indeed at 2:17/18 in that video :redface:

Found it! Thank you! I have fixed that gap in the invisible wall, and will check the entire length of the track tonight. I will release an updated version at the weekend.

Thanks for using my track for your racing, btw - it makes me very happy to see other people using my creations :thumbsup:

Fantastic track mr. Fat-Alfie, really enjoyed racing here. :)
Good to hear that the problem is solved.:thumbsup:

Had a good qually,....for my level at least. :laugh:
Some people are just not of this world :notworthy:.

Start was good,managed to stay reasonebly close to the top 2 for the first 2/3 laps.
Then started to make unforced errors :mad:, so the gap to the front runners only got bigger and bigger.
Fortunatly p4 was no longer catching me,(i heard someone having a blown engine,
not sure he was driving in p4 at the time) but i could 'reset' myself and drive some better
laps.

Had a pretty lonely race to be honest, p1 & 2 were 'coasting' while i was driving with white knockels and still couldnt catch them :cry:, and the gap to the guys behind me was getting bigger.

Last 1.5 laps i had to really slow down to safe fuel.
Ran out of fuel on the last lap just before the hill top before start/finish so once i made it over that hill top i knew i would make it because its downhill from there :):p.
Was close though :whistling:;).

Thanks Craig for setting this up,even though it had its moments before the race with the server and serverpassword :):thumbsup:.

Even though i had a lonely race it was still a lot of fun, thx:).

I went through the map in the same place. It's quite weird too because the hit wasn't bad and i was pointed straight but must have just clipped enough of the map to fall through.

Hello Robert.
Again I am sorry for ruining the race for you.
It was stupid of me trying to overtake on that location.
But it was a really fun car and track, hope we can do it again sometime

Hello Robert.
Again I am sorry for ruining the race for you.
It was stupid of me trying to overtake on that location.
But it was a really fun car and track, hope we can do it again sometime

No worries at all man. The MX5 is fun with a little bump racing and in normal circumstances nothing bad would happen but this was random due to the glitch in the map with cars falling through. Nothing we can do about that.

Looking forward to future racing with you!

I enjoyed the view at the back... Just saying. You lot were pushing some crazy times, even in the 20s, I didnt manage to get under the 40s :sleep:

I nearly got wiped out as well at the beginning, wasn't expecting it at all! - That said, the dude that did it still managed to climb back up a few places by the looks of it. So still quicker than me despite them going hell for leather.

Still need to get used to racing simulators, but all in all I enjoyed it, so thanks for letting me join in. :whistling:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%