AC Mazda MX-5 Cup @ Brands Hatch - Wed 09 Jan 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
If you downshift right after braking you don't need to blip, even with paddles, except at Surtees where blipping is necessary.

To switch on autoblip you have to start an offline session when you select it in the aids panel. Then AC will keep it in multi. But again for the Mx5 you don't need it most of the time.

Last edited:
But on turn 3 for example, the ideal gear is between 4th and 3rd. You enter the corner in 4th but you need to exit in 3rd. In 4th the exit would lack power, In 3rd the entry would be too slow. So, I had to downshift mid corner with the gas pedal floored between gears. No rear wheels locked this way.

Or

Wuss out and enable auto-blip!

But on turn 3 for example, the ideal gear is between 4th and 3rd. You enter the corner in 4th but you need to exit in 3rd. In 4th the exit would lack power, In 3rd the entry would be too slow. So, I had to downshift mid corner with the gas pedal floored between gears. No rear wheels locked this way.

Or

Wuss out and enable auto-blip!

I just keep it in 3rd and carry more speed into/through corner.

If you're on paddles (like me) there's an acceleration penalty for not having a proper clutch. This was tested.

The penalty for using auto clutch/auto blip in iracing on the MX5 cup is a lot more severe but AC has it also.

Do you use content Manager ? if you do, it is the button on the left (Assists) where you click join ..to join a server :thumbsup:

Uh no,i dont have/use CM so i hope i will find it some where else but thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

The penally for launching off the line is the highest. For me, qualifying on pole or 3rd means nothing because I'll end up around 3rd or 4th going into T1 since I know the other regulars upfront are using a clutch. I don't mind though. It's good to be aware of it.

I do use the clutch at the start, gives me more control.(at least i like to think that,
sometimes the start is good,sometimes its not :))

Congrats to the podium!

I was totally not ready for this one. Pace only began to appear at the end of the race when I saw people lawnmower corners :D

apologies to the one I touched in the first few laps. Dont know the name. Was a good battle until then. Sorry again.

Haha maybe you mean me Dan. After the crashes in front of us we were suddenly 4th and 5th and you really where on my backseat for couple of laps and with a big gap behind you. You where faster i saw, and i would have let you go after some battling (also in mind that the gap was there) cause i am not going out of the way at first sight offcourse;). Unfortunately you flicked me which threw us back big time, nice of you to wait offcourse.
It was a fun race again although the Mazda is not my favorite! :ninja:

Just a heads up for anyone who might want to relive their past glories/nightmares :confused: :laugh: .

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing