Mazda 787B

Cars Mazda 787B 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Status
Not open for further replies.
because people with lower spec rigs shouldnt enjoy the game as well? Did you even try the updated version? Because I did and it looks the same to me but performance is a helluvalot better
everything on PC should aim for maximum detail etc, it's too people to get better computers ! not to people who have better computers to suffer because others don't have the rig

WIP :D
2014-12-29_00008.jpg

Hi Patrik,

1. Auto-blib is gone as per 1.1, is this by real world example?

2. The steering sensitivity at low speeds feels quite low, however it feels high at high speeds. Is this by example as well, or by design decision?
Steer ratio is 13.0 and lock is 270 in the car.ini, however steer assist is set to 0. So does anything else vary steer sensitivity?

3. The values of dampers and ARBs in the in-game setup screen are not displayed in scientific units, but as arabic numerals starting with 0 as per SHOW_CLICKS=2 in the setup.ini.
For instance, because the MIN= and MAX= values for dampers all differ from one another except front to rear, that means they are not comparable to one another. Drivers don't know the ratio bump/rebound or alike and the approach and a change to the setup is cryptic and difficult to judge.

Is this by design? Why aren't they shown in scientific units?
SHOW_CLICKS=0 would eliviate this problem.
More info here.

cheers

Hi Patrik,

1. Auto-blib is gone as per 1.1, is this by real world example?

2. The steering sensitivity at low speeds feels quite low, however it feels high at high speeds. Is this by example as well, or by design decision?
Steer ratio is 13.0 and lock is 270 in the car.ini, however steer assist is set to 0. So does anything else vary steer sensitivity?

3. The values of dampers and ARBs in the in-game setup screen are not displayed in scientific units, but as arabic numerals starting with 0 as per SHOW_CLICKS=2 in the setup.ini.
For instance, because the MIN= and MAX= values for dampers all differ from one another except front to rear, that means they are not comparable to one another. Drivers don't know the ratio bump/rebound or alike and the approach and a change to the setup is cryptic and difficult to judge.

Is this by design? Why aren't they shown in scientific units?
SHOW_CLICKS=0 would eliviate this problem.
More info here.

cheers

I can't imagine cars in that time having some sort of autoblip! (Btw I love not having the auto blip, adds a lot more immersion :) )

"reduce materials/shader" ? what does it mean ? quality of the car has been lowered ? If so I am tired that people cater to the lower end PC's...
What if it wasn't reduced for lower end PC's, What then? And what if the modders build was made to run on they're own systems, and your saying they shouldn't be able to play it if they can't get a higher end system like yours.

You sound like a spoiled child by saying you think everybody should have the same pc as you and if not then they can't play.

I came to post this - slow speed FFB is almost non existant - did these cars even have power steering? Should be heavier at slow speeds if anything.
Often leads me to overcook thing at hairpins :cry:
Otherwise the sounds and modelling are immense. :thumbsup:

What if it wasn't reduced for lower end PC's, What then? And what if the modders build was made to run on they're own systems, and your saying they shouldn't be able to play it if they can't get a higher end system like yours.

You sound like a spoiled child by saying you think everybody should have the same pc as you and if not then they can't play.

"Like a spoiled child" hahahahah that's your come back ? why wouldn't you assume I work hard instead? maybe the people that don't have a more powerful rig should be less lazy and work harder to earn money !

Last edited by a moderator:
a possibility for light steering at low speed is the car is mid-engined (i.e. low weight on front axle), and it could get heavier at high speed due to aerodynamic downforce.

"Like a spoiled child" hahahahah that's your come back ? why wouldn't you assume I work hard instead? maybe the people that don't have a more powerful rig should be less lazy and work harder to earn money !

I work hard for a living too, in the past 3 months I've been to Germany and America and not had any family time since the beginning of last year. I have a pretty good rig too (when I manage to get time to get to my place and chill on it), I would find it so selfish for me to ask the mods to only do builds in top quality so I can play it and not care if anybody else can. And by your childish-like response it sounds like your mom bought your PC.

I also noticed you disregarded all my other comments including even about the modders not being able to run it, yet you clearly don't care about that because you just want to play your computer game even if nobody else can.

I wouldn't mind sacrificing a bit of in game quality as long as it's catered for the majority to have fun.We all didn't have amazing rigs from the start so get off your high horse, but it seriously sounds like you need some 'Outside' friends.

I work hard for a living too, in the past 3 months I've been to Germany and America and not had any family time since the beginning of last year. I have a pretty good rig too (when I manage to get time to get to my place and chill on it), I would find it so selfish for me to ask the mods to only do builds in top quality so I can play it and not care if anybody else can. And by your childish-like response it sounds like your mom bought your PC.

I also noticed you disregarded all my other comments including even about the modders not being able to run it, yet you clearly don't care about that because you just want to play your computer game even if nobody else can.

I wouldn't mind sacrificing a bit of in game quality as long as it's catered for the majority to have fun.We all didn't have amazing rigs from the start so get off your high horse, but it seriously sounds like you need some 'Outside' friends.
I'm sure he got a warning by the staff of RD ;) for his big mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%