AC Mazda 787b @ Spa - Wed 24 Dec 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Is anyone else finding the car to be a huge handful? Haha. It's weird, the default setup is nice, but understeers a bit and there's a lot of power oversteer if you're not careful coming out of corners; but when I try to account for that oversteer it understeers far more entering corners. Looks like a delicate balance is required.

Is anyone else finding the car to be a huge handful? Haha. It's weird, the default setup is nice, but understeers a bit and there's a lot of power oversteer if you're not careful coming out of corners; but when I try to account for that oversteer it understeers far more entering corners. Looks like a delicate balance is required.

Tried it for a lap or 2, pretty fun! I hope to give it a proper go after work. Anyone know what tyres or strategy for the race? Tank up on hards, I guess?

Exact same problem as me. I had to make it understeer like a bus, and very long lower gear ratios, to make it anywhere near driveable. Thus my acceleration was also akin to that of a bus. Not fun at all.

Exact same problem as me. I had to make it understeer like a bus, and very long lower gear ratios, to make it anywhere near driveable. Thus my acceleration was also akin to that of a bus. Not fun at all.
Yeah, its definitely a trade off depending on how you want to run it; very understeery but stable under power, or not as understeery but the rear end activates warp drive on one wheel when you're coming out of corners lol. I think I'm going to take the latter route, and hope that I don't make myself spin.

@Dewald Nel you have to be very careful at slow corners because there is not enough downforce to handle all that power at these speeds. You just need to be very gentle with the gas pedal at slow corner exits. It's the only way to drive the car properly. Really tricky stuff!

@Dewald Nel you have to be very careful at slow corners because there is not enough downforce to handle all that power at these speeds. You just need to be very gentle with the gas pedal at slow corner exits. It's the only way to drive the car properly. Really tricky stuff!

OK. Maybe I'll give it another go, try to not look like a retard, and then maybe sign up again.

EDIT: OK, I see no space left. Just put me at the bottom of the reserves list anyway.

EDIT 2: @Akis Kevrekidis

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%