Mazda 787B @ Spa-Francorchamps

Seems that h-shifter is actually quite an advantage when it gets to downshifting with this car. Atleast on vids ive seen guys using h-shifter are able to downshift much faster, which obviously means you can brake later = big gain on overall laptime. Even Dom Duhan said on Team Redline 787b @ Spa vid comments that he gains like .5 on spa using h-shifter.

There is really annoying delay while going down on gears while using paddles, you need to "wait" a little on each gear when downshift. I think this delay using paddles/sequential is deliberate that wouldnt have advantage against h-shifter, but it is bit overdone now and actually gaved the h-shifter advantage. Sadly dont have h-shifter myself yet so im forced to use paddles on my t500rs

I have quite hard time to find setup that suits for me with this car. Did some laps yesterday and best i managed was 2.06.8. Really cant see where i could gain almost 2s that im off from WR. Tried to tweak setup but it always end up to be either too twitchy or too understeery, just cant get it to feel comfortable to both slow and fast corners.

If someone have decent setup wouldnt mind to give it a try, maybe could get some tips from it what im doing wrong.

Last edited:
Well, i think it's absolutely ridiculous such a huge difference in times with manual or paddles shift, maybe it's on purpose but that shouldn't be such a big advantage, the downshift timing should be as faster with paddles...

Well, i think it's absolutely ridiculous such a huge difference in times with manual or paddles shift, maybe it's on purpose but that shouldn't be such a big advantage, the downshift timing should be as faster with paddles...

This car is very similar to the Lotus 79 on iRacing. You don't need a clutch to shift. All you have to do is lift the throttle when you shift up and blip the throttle when you want to downshift. You can left-foot brake this car and it makes me love it even more!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%