Mayhem at Mid Ohio

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
Anyone not racing Assetto Corsa or the RDTCC on Saturday evening may wish to join on the Backmarkers United server for some mayhem at Mid Ohio. ADAC GT3s and Radicals or if you have another car preference let me know and I'll add it to the mix.
18:00gmt for 30 mins practice and 10mins qually followed by a 35 minute race. The server will be up for most of the day but will be switched off at 17:55 to start on time.
Teamspeak is available and you don't have to be a premium member to join this race.

@Quentis Gillispie @Lorenzo Bonder @Ole Marius Myrvold @Roy Magnes @Kurupt CDN @Keith Joyce @SOLO59 @Otune @Phil Davies @Brandon Wright @Lars Hansen @4 8 15 16 23 42 108 @robopuff @RabNL @monsieurjackb @Paul Jeffrey @Piotrek Blaszczak @randy66

@Kenny Paton I'll be there buddy (just struggling to adjust to this DFGT;) Seems very heavy to me - are they all like this??
The FFB is an acquired taste no matter which game you're in.
What I did with R3E (and which seems to be the general consensus) is get rid of all the canned effects.
That is, rumble-strips, gear-shift, etc. and then finding the FFB level that suits you.
For comparisons sake, I run at 80%.
The important bit is that higher levels of FFB isn't necessarily better (usually quite the opposite).
If you're spending a large part of your time fighting the wheel rather than steering the car, the FFB is too high. Same goes if you start feeling aches/pains in your wrists after a while.

Having said all that though, the GT3s are pretty heavy for race-cars. They're not exactly purpose-built nimble open-wheelers. :D

@Kenny Paton And I'm in. Not sure which car yet, but probably a Radical.

Cheers for the tag buddy (strangely I hardly ever get an alert when I've been tagged into something... weird).
Cant make any racing for a while, got a bit on my plate at the mo but i'll join you for one soon :)

Cheers!

T1 is a barrel of laughs isn't it? :mad:
Still getting used to the wheel but it is slowly starting to permeate my thick skull... Concentrating on releasing the pressure after the apex to set up for the next turn. Also trying not to brake so early.

Still getting used to the wheel but it is slowly starting to permeate my thick skull... Concentrating on releasing the pressure after the apex to set up for the next turn. Also trying not to brake so early.
Yes it's a fun track, some nice gentle undulations and blind turns very typical I'm begining to think of American tracks.
Did you manage to get it set up right? As I said the forums are a gold mine for info on that. Remember to check the steering settings in the garage I often find that mine have been set back to 540, that's assuming you're running at 900degrees.

T1 isn't so bad. Quick jab on the brake, downshift to 4th, and then aim for a line that actually cuts the apex. The rest of the speed will bleed off as you drift out, and you get back on the throttle.

The one I truly despise with a passion is the left-hander with the apex right on the crest of a hill (T5 or 6....Thereabouts).
Get that one wrong, and you're suddenly testing the aerodynamics of the car in ways the designer probably hadn't envisaged. :D

A bit of a change from my '97 C-Class then... :laugh:
You may find a subtle difference, yes. :D
Possibly also a slight variation in top speed. :p

Are we using RD's teamspeak or a different one?

Edit: I think my wheel is dead, had to bail.
Sorry Brandon, my TS overlay wasn't working. No I have my own TS server, any BM races will be on that. God you guys were so quick tonight even in a Radical I couldn't keep up. By popular choice we are going to Portimao Circuit tommorrow night with an all historical cast and you are very welcome.
Hope your wheel gets better.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing