Maybe this is why...

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Kevin Watts, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Kevin Watts

Kevin Watts

Ratings:
    +12
    GT5P feels so life-like to me? Below is a video of GT creator Kazunori Yamauchi competing in the '25 Hours of Thunder Hill' event in California. I don't know what it is about GT5P but I feel more 'connected' to the car than I do in other console racing games. Perhaps its Kazunori's experience at events like the one below and many others he has taken part in that gives him a good insight into how a car should feel on the track. (article found at GTPlanet)

2. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,179
    Yeah he seems very active in testing the real life thing lately. Really awesome!

I must say I was pretty impressed with the handling of the car in GT Academy. Never expected that from a PS3 game. Unfortunately i don't own a PS3 (yet) so my race time is limited to only some laps at the office where we have a PS3 with a wheel.

3. Kevin Watts

Kevin Watts

Ratings:
    +12
    Maybe the problem with the long development time is he is spending too much time on the real tracks and not enough working on the virtual ones :)

4. davelis828

davelis828

Ratings:
    +0
    only racing game that lets you feel the momentum of the cars etc

5. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,179
    Then you haven't played enough other games Dave :)

6. James Yates

James Yates

Ratings:
    +5
    It isn't, but if this is the only one you've played then I can see your point :p

He does seem to test select cars, but doesn't drive every single one of them as they said he did a few years back. Not sure if I can find it but when they came to look at a few cars for GT4 the car owners reported they turned up and looked at it and that was about it.

7. davelis828

davelis828

Ratings:
    +0
    on PS3? doubt it