Maybe its the Mclaren gt?! (ATTN DEVS)

Msportdan

@Simberia
My previous floaty front thread was basically my constant testing with the Mp12. Ive always thought it was the ffb making this floaty. But it is the car imo. Ive tried both the vette and the Camaro in GT form, and they are so sharp and not lazy on the nose. I at least expected the Camaro I would have to boost the bump stops but no its sharp as a cat. I actually thought the McLaren should be the Camaro lol

S3 is there a slight problem with the McLaren GT floaty handling or is a characterictic of the car, which means its the worst of the lot, and with its real life success I think not.

Could this be tweaked.

I even went to 900 deg, which I thought was the clincher. But 540 In all the other cars feel fine with my new found jyri settings. So basically the macca may be well too sof on its front compared to other gt cars?!

Just my thought, while not being a physics expert and all, but because you don't like them doesn't mean they are broken...As with many things and this being one of them, its a very subjective and personal preference thing.

I raced the McLaren over the weekend, and thought it was just fine, maybe lacking some top speed and a bit of bite in the longer high speed corners but that i can fix in the setup if needed.

Just my 2p.

i know jay ive put a lot of heat on rre and yourselves lately.. and in this case regarding ffb, i was maybe seeking settings not where i really wanted to be. I apolgise. RRe is a great game i want to lay that down first.

.....but however,

Would the MP12 be much more floaty then 2 american muscle car converts to GT? i.e.: vette and camaro?

Just my thought, while not being a physics expert and all, but because you don't like them doesn't mean they are broken...As with many things and this being one of them, its a very subjective and personal preference thing.

I raced the McLaren over the weekend, and thought it was just fine, maybe lacking some top speed and a bit of bite in the longer high speed corners but that i can fix in the setup if needed.

Just my 2p.
I do agree with you on some level, especially considering that we don't actually have a reference point for how the car handles IRL we can only compare to other digital versions of the car.
But the way the MP4-12C handles ingame doesn not line up with how I expect this car to behave IRL, it feels like a street car with extremely mushy/soft suspension compared to the other who feel like proper race cars.
Might be that the default setup is off, I wouldn't know cos I don't tamper with setups, but fact is that in iRacing and AC I will pick the 12C any day of the week cos I find it thrilling to drive, in R3E I avoid it because it drives like a boat.

i like the mp4 aswell, just to me it feels the worse of the bunch, and as i said looking at its success, doesnt match the handling of the car in rte.

the thing is i did all my ffb testing witht he mp4 at a1 ring, no wonder i thought the bloody ffb was off lol!

The consumer version of the mp4 has been described as having a very good comfortable ride with its fancy suspension. Reviews have said it drives like a Rolls but that its driving experience is also a bit sterile compared to Lambo or Ferrari offerings. I could understand that this could account for some of that floaty feeling except that the GT3 version doesn't have the same suspension, they replace it with a more conventional setup. Of course I will never have the fortune of driving one but I wonder if it is a bit too floaty myself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mKB-8WUB5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPZSaHyZGQ

i like the mp4 aswell, just to me it feels the worse of the bunch, and as i said looking at its success, doesnt match the handling of the car in rte.

the thing is i did all my ffb testing witht he mp4 at a1 ring, no wonder i thought the bloody ffb was off lol!

I'm confused by your mention of the MP4 and the MP12. The only version of the McLaren that R3E has is the MP4-12C in ADAC and GT3 specs. These are the same car in different configurations.

As to the point itself, I've found the McLaren to be pretty floaty in most games but I tend to change my setups rather than look at the car itself so it's hard for me to judge differences too much.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 39.9%