Maybe a silly question but...

I have been a member and a donor here for a while. I Have even raced a bit and certainly would like to race more as long as I can find races in my time zone (US Pacific) of which there aren't that many (bunch of slackers around here).

One thing I Have been unable to find on RD so far is a "bird's eye view" of the leagues and the other type of races that are hosted. It may be a case of blindness, but I really would like to see a global planner so I can see which races or leagues I could participate in and plan accordingly.

Is there such a beast? Am I brain dead and I forgot?

Anyway, if anyone can help I'd be glad.

It's a good point you raise Corrado. It's something we discussed a couple of months ago and have had plans in place. I've been working on many of them on and off since then and a whole host of new updates are due in the next week.

The first addition will be an evolution of the navigation system. It will mean you will able to quickly get an overview of everything in the sight and pretty much get to wherever you want with a single click. I've attatched a few preview shots of some of the jumplist type menus.

In the meantime, the calendar of upcoming events is available via the link at the top of the forum. A list of the next club races coming up is listed on the right hand side of the front page and the very bottom of the forum index. These are something else I will be looking at in the coming weeks.

1fvgnl.png
2uhps8x.png
34f03mc.png

Yes! Something like that. It looks like 2.0 can't get here soon enough.

While I am at it, can I make a small request? I would love to see race times adjusted for the members own time zone. For some reason doing math with the time zones always confuses me. It would be a lotmore iommediate if each race time was displayed in my time zone. I bet it would increase participation as well.I have missed a few races because I miscalculated the starting time.

Thanks again and I'll be looking forward to all the changes.

I am back again. I just did a bit of research and in case the plans for RD 2.0 take a bit longer or the scheduling/calendar scripts prove to be too involved, I wanted to propose a few alternatives.

For instance, one thing I would love to have would be a Google Calendar button in the league or club race notice. I think it would be rather easy to insert a link in the page so that with one click one could save the event in the calendar.

I think most folks here race in various places. I race at R2P, iRacing, and a coupe of private leagues as well as pick up races here and there. If I could save the races I am interested in my calendar I would be able to see not only what is available at RD but also how the races play with my other venues.

The other solution I thought of would be to leverage greasemonkey scripts. While the actual coding is somewhat over my head, I have looked at scripts that can easily transpose time zones, color forum posts based on content and so forth.

For instance, in my case I would love to have a script that recognized and transposed the time zone and highlighted events that fall within a certain pattern, such as events in the evening and weekends for my time zone.

All that would be required of RD would be to tag certain items in the posts with an ID, not very difficult, then the greasemonkey script can do the rest based on the user preferences.

I believe making the schedules easier to browse and save would increase attendance. It would certainly increase mine since I often miss a race because I did not read the post correctly the first time around.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 93 13.7%