May I ask for some help getting a car mod going ?

Hello all, I hope you are all having a wonderful day/evening! :) I was just wondering if someone might be able to help me get a car mod going. I downloaded it from a site called Assetto Corsa Land. It is the Nissan R91cp. It shows up fine in the menu screen, and I can change the skin and check it out in the showroom, but when I try to drive it in any mode, it goes to the loading screen, and loads normally, but instead of going to the track, I am taken back to the menu. This is the only car in my collection that does this. A friend of mine has this same car, downloaded from the same site, and he has no issues.

I have searched some forums, but none of the help people offered worked. So alas I decided to make a post myself. If you have the time, I would greatly appreciate your help!:)

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Attachments

• log.txt
    27.1 KB · Views: 392
Hello, and thank you for your response!

That was the very first thing I tried, and it came up with no issues.

I should have stated what I have tried, my apologies. I have tried content manager analysis, removing the settings folder in my documents, completely uninstalling and then reinstalling Assetto Corsa, and editing some of the files such as Aero. I also tried to replace the sound just in case, but that had no effect. I also tried playing with resolution and what not and that also failed, as did checking the integrity of the game files through steam.

Last edited:
It probably will not be the cause for this, since it's the only car that you have the problem with, but there is this bug that won't let you start in practice or hotlap mode when you have "penalties" on. Anyway it might be better to just forget this car. It was "made" by RTM. Who is famous for ripping models from other games and (if you're lucky) copy/pasting physics. And the worst part is that it's being sold. For money. I remember trying it some time ago and quickly deleted it. All these ripped mods drive like :poop:. They almost always are way to fast and behave nothing like a real car. Better stick with stuff you find here on RD.:)

Hello hal and thank you for your response!

I have the penalties turned off.

I figure it probably isn't to great of a mod, but you see it happens to be my favorite Group C car of all time. which is why I am trying so hard to make it work. I actually just bought Assetto Corsa today, and it was the first car I looked up to see if a mod existed. I did find the RTM shop as it was the first place that popped up, needless to say I closed the place out immediately as it screamed shady. That is when a friend suggested Race Department and Assetto Corsa Land. So I was pumped to find this car. If I cannot get it to work then that is just the way it goes I guess, but I am sure if I keep at it, I will get it going eventually.

Hey Hal!

I think it will probably work for you, as it works perfectly for my buddy. I have been doing a lot of searching tonight and have found 3 other cases where the log files match mine exactly. None of them were ever resolved. I sent some messages to the people who also had this issue in the hope that they may have eventually resolved it. I am positive now it is a local issue on my pc though.
Thank you for your responses and your time! They are most appreciated!

Hey everyone, thank you so much for all of your responses. Your help and time is appreciated. I finally got it to run. It was a dlc related error. It turns out you need Porsche Pack II in order to get it working. After exhausting all options I decided to purchase the dlc car that was the closest in shape and it worked.

A final update to the thread, in case someone else has this issue and searches this thread up in the future. It isn't the dlc you need, but you just have to replace the collider file. I just ran into two more mods that had the same issue as the Nissan. I simply replaced the collider with a the collider file of a working car and it worked.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back