May 29th...

I ran that article through the DeepL translator, I will post it below. Not much new information, except that the game is going to include the 911 GT3 Cup and Huracan Supertrofeo. They say the Lexus is very agile but slow in the straights, similar to the Ferrari, while the 911 GT3 R is very tricky to push to the limit.

Full article:
While the Blancpain GT Series cars were racing on the Monza circuit, in the region's hall, just a few steps from the pits, the developers of Kunos Simulazioni organized a first test of version 1.0 of Assetto Corsa Competizione dedicated to journalists.

If release 7 introduced several new features, the final version amazed us even further with the addition of new cars and the iconic Spa Francorchamps circuit. Here are the details of our feelings and our short tests carried out in the very short time available.

Car: more is better

Since the publication of the first roadmap update of Assetto Corsa Competizione we knew that, the new title of Kunos, would include all the cars and teams that participated in the 2018 edition of the Blancpain GT Series however, two surprises welcomed us while we were running the racing cars: the Lamborghini Huracan Supertrofeo and the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup.

Two cars dedicated to two very exciting competitions that, we are sure, will give very fierce virtual championships; in fact, we hope that a probable 2020 edition of the Porsche Esport Carrera Cup Italia, organized by the Stuttgart and AK Informatica company, can take advantage of the dynamic weather and the new penalty system.

But let's get to the point. Excluding the Honda NSX GT3 still absent from the test version, we did a few laps on board respectively the Lexus RC F GT3, the Bentley Continental GT3 2018 and the Porsche 911 GT3 R. Obviously there is no shortage of evergreen Audi R8, Mercedes AMG and McLaren 650 S but, thanks to the interest of the community, we decided to devote ourselves exclusively to new entries with the exception of the Aston Martin V12 Vantage, the only one excluded from our tests because of the limited time available.

Each car has its own character!

It is now established that in the simulative world it is precisely the GT3 category that is the most "popular" by simdrivers. For this reason Assetto Corsa Competizione offers a fleet of officially licensed cars at the forefront of simulation. Each car, subject to the BoP regulations, offers a different experience, a sign of a great work by the team of Kunos to replicate the real counterparts.

The Lexus RC F is certainly the GT3 that has amazed us the most: tested on Paul Ricard's circuit, it proved to be very agile between the curves, a real eater blade like the Ferrari 488 GT3. Unfortunately, to balance the incredible dexterity of the Japanese car, the BoP "choked" the maximum power expressed by the 5.4 litre V8 engine, relegating it to the taillights of the entire GT3 lot when looking for the maximum speed.

The new Bentley Continental GT3, on the other hand, wins the "performance you'd never expect" award. Despite its generous size, the Englishman has shown that he is quite agile and has an excellent engine on the Spa Francorchamps kerbs, always ready to deliver tons of Nm when the virtual driver needs it. Defects? In slow corners it pays duty because of its long wheelbase, the Bentley is in fact second only to the Nissan GT-R Nismo when it comes to size.

Finally, we climbed (virtually) into the Porsche 911 GT3 R. With its rear engine it continues to be one of the most difficult cars to take to the limit, especially on a complex circuit like Spa. It brakes hard, fits in the blink of an eye but requires a very sensitive "foot" at the exit to avoid incurring in a disastrous understeer; at the same time, perhaps due to a setup not really optimal, you have to pay particular attention to load transfers, the oversteer is around the corner!

Pure dynamism

But if we exclude for a moment the hype for new cars, we can dwell on what really represents Assetto Corsa Competizione. The new Kunos title could be defined as "pure dynamism" thanks to the changeability of the weather conditions, of the track and, to make sure nothing is missing, also of the conditions of the car after an accident.

In essence, Assetto Corsa Competizione confronts you with a series of variables that could benefit you or make you lose an entire race, you are the protagonists and you have to make decisions without a team to support you from the pits.

If we add to this the official penalty system, matchmaking that will allow you to participate in online races with drivers of your skill level and the minorating system that will penalize unfair drivers, we can safely say that the step forward from the first trim race was phenomenal.

In conclusion.

Version 1.0 of Assetto Corsa Competizione will arrive on Steam on 29 May and we look forward to trying out the new career mode as well as appreciating the photorealism that this simulator offers on various occasions and under different conditions; it will be a difficult task to review it to its full potential but, with more time available, we are sure to be able to offer a complete overview of its strengths and weaknesses.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is the result of incredible work by Kunos Simulazioni and, in our opinion, deserves to be touched by hand, or rather, with the steering wheel and pedals.

PlayStation 4 or Xbox? Perhaps with the next gen, none of the developers wanted to unbalance about a possible porting to consoles but, already on PC, you need a great machine to avoid serious sacrifices. We'll see if the devs will be able to offer their simulator to gamers on consoles.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

c0.JPG

c1.JPG

They are going straight to 4.22 (not 4.21) , so in next update (V 1.0) we will see triple screen support, awesome.

Busted by Lord :p
===========
Sry for misunderstanding.
No pressure ,we love you and your work , just keep on.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
View attachment 302040
View attachment 302041
They are going straight to 4.22 (not 4.21) , so in next update (V 1.0) we will see triple screen support, awesome.

sigh.. sadly I did not say that at all. No idea where you go that info from.

I said we are "trying".. with emphasis on "trying".
Never said anything about triple screen.. there is no magic button in 4.22 to make triple screen happening.

sigh.. sadly I did not say that at all. No idea where you go that info from.

I said we are "trying".. with emphasis on "trying".
Never said anything about triple screen.. there is no magic button in 4.22 to make triple screen happening.
So will triple screen remain as difficult/ impossible to implement with the switch to 4.22, or will the chance of getting it become higher?

So will triple screen remain as difficult/ impossible to implement with the switch to 4.22, or will the chance of getting it become higher?

from what we understand and from what Epic is telling us, a trivial implementation would result in unacceptable FPS, in order to achieve decent FPS a deep hacking into the engine would be required and sadly we're currently not structured to attempt that as first priority.
Hopefully we'll find a way to get triple screen in ACC in the future.

from what we understand and from what Epic is telling us, a trivial implementation would result in unacceptable FPS, in order to achieve decent FPS a deep hacking into the engine would be required and sadly we're currently not structured to attempt that as first priority.
Hopefully we'll find a way to get triple screen in ACC in the future.
Being a triple screen user, I can't say I like the answer, but I'm grateful to have the answer!

However we are trying a screen space distortion effect that should mitigate the problem while retaining acceptable frame rate
The other day i tried using the Immersive lcdpro application and i can say it made wonders with no fps cost, please put something similar in the game, i am a triple screen user and still i love the game with almost 200 hours played, if you can help us triple screen users with something that can help us a little bit i would be deeply grateful.

The other day i tried using the Immersive lcdpro application and i can say it made wonders with no fps cost, please put something similar in the game, i am a triple screen user and still i love the game with almost 200 hours played, if you can help us triple screen users with something that can help us a little bit i would be deeply grateful.

Could you show us how it looks?

I'm just a customer reacting to the manufacturer of a product I purchased. That's without judgment, but from what I see too many people are way too forgiving when it comes to delays and lack of communication like this.
I'm the opposite, I think people are being way too precious about the date. I get that delays are bad and we all want the game ASAP. But I want it to be done right and if that takes a bit longer I don't have a problem with that. I know full well that releasing a new product is going to have teething problems. I've been involved in launches where a product worked flawlessly in house through months of testing but as soon as it got into the customers hands it broke down.

So I'm used to things getting delays, I think Kunos is kind of in a position of damned if you do and damned if you don't when it comes to dates. I'm again involved in a new product and we're telling no one about it until it's ready. We have that luxury I suppose, games developers don't.

The bottom line for me is I trust the guys at Kunos, they seem like good people and haven't let me down to date there's a level of passion and artistry in their work that I enjoy. I trust that they are focused on the quality of their work rather than hitting targets and I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, probably more so than I would a larger company. Quality work gets done when it's done, sometimes you just have to wait.

I'll be glad to have the immersion of pit animation back. Also the podium animation could be interesting as driving around waiting for the game to pause after a race is kind of anti-climactic. I would love to take a cool down lap and then see my virtual self jump on the roof of the car in the pits then jog up the podium and spray champagne. That'll get old too, but until it does.....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%