'Maxing' setup

So, in GTR atleast it seems that when doing setup, many people including me want to put something to maximum/minimum setting available.

For example wtcc BMW allows minimum 90nm springs to the front. Maybe I would like it to be 80nm.

Are there this kind of hard limits in real cars also? Can't Andy Priaux just go and put even softer springs in his WTCC car if he really really wants to.

Even though I suspect that in real life ultra soft springs are too nervous to drive. Don't know.

Edit:
To clarify my incoherent post:) I was just wondering why there are limits in carage setup. I'm not going to change data files or such.

i think what hes saying is that hes changin it in the setup garage but it has a lower limit it allows him to select.

i guess in the sim racing world we all have the same springs and same options to set it up. the time and effort required to test and sim several manufacturers and models of spring would be wasted for the most part and these resources would be better used in track and new class development.

as for reality, im sure andy can if he please buy another set of springs if he wants so long as they the classification and rules governing the series.

In the real world its what ever you can get away with ;) I remember my friends dad used to have a Sidecar Team (this was along time ago so forgive my hazy memory), anyway i remember him telling us how the'd bodged the rear suspension so that basically there was no travel in effect no rear suspension, aparently it was faster and the rider loved it but it was cirtainly not legal. I never really understood how in the world no suspension could be better (remember the hazy memory bit;) ) I felt sorry for the pasenger :madgrin:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 216 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%