Max Verstappen world champion

• Deleted member 161052

This season? Fo' real?
Next season, you'll see...
Future is something we know.

I was watching some old Grand Prix`s from the early 90s the other night, there was this young driver called Barichello and it was pretty much a matter of fact that he was going to be a future world champion. Nothing is guaranteed.

Winning a season has more to do than just being a good driver. I watched F1 since the late 80's and a lot has been changed since then except for one thing: the fastest team. As far as i can recollect (and i have huge gaps in my brains) as soon as team was the fastest at the start of the season, that team won the championship. The package must be complete in team effort point of view.
I'm not being carried away now that Max has won Spain. He might win more but i doubt the fact Red Bull can beat the Mercs during this season. Lets see what Adrian Newey can do next year.

He made a lot of progress since he came into f1 with a climax winning in spain driving his first race for rbr. I do think he has the potential to become world champion, but like boby sais: the car/team he'll be racing for ll be decisive. Atm it's all about the mercs but with all these changes in 2017 a lot is possible. He could be in worse teams as rbr methinks... monaco shows he has certainly need to build up some more experience along the way but his potential is skyhigh.

Yes and Ricci is going to be ****ed many more times.:D

The real problem Ricci has is >> Tire management of Max

Yes you hear that right the tire management of Max is what is going to make the difference this year and that is what is going to give Max the better results. Its the same for what happened last year between Max and Sainz. My advise, just watch the races with live timing, the lap times will tell the true story. These numbers are not made up they are hard facts and you can watch it live;)

Max makes it all up in the races, most likely Ricci will have the better Q results but by the end of the year Max is having more points then Ricci.

Max has certainly shown a lot of potential and has also exceeded expectations by a massive amount.
I was one of those folks who thought he should have been given a testing role for a season prior to an actual driver's seat.
I'm glad to admit I was wrong.
If he can hang in there and get the experience under his belt, there is no limit to where he can go.
He's already proven he can drive the car...and damn fast but there is also 'seasoning' to help direct the pit-wall how best to move the team forward... based on exposure to varying situations.
He'll get that only from prolonged exposure.
Jules Bianchi...who was equally brilliant, would have gotten the same had we not lost him so young.

Don’t forget this was only Max his fifth GP in the Red Bull. He still have to learn a lot but in a race like today he is so much faster than Ricciardo, and he proved that, In normal conditions, he’s faster then Daniel, in Baku in Spain and today in Austria.
Ok there were some mistakes with strategy, overall on the track on race day Max is faster than his teammate and he will passed him in the championship end result. But there is a bright side for Daniel he’s driving faster and better with Max as his teammate then he did with Kvyat.

The only way to compare drivers is to give the exact(!) equal cars with the exact same setup racing on a new circuit that no one knows.

Exact same setup is not fair either - people have different driving styles. It's like when leagues have fixed setups and pretend that's fair, when it's the exact opposite, because any one specific setup is always gonna suit one guy more than others.

Back on topic, he always had Ricciardo's number this weekend - other races it will be the other way round. They are however both potential future world champions.

However, I will say that in terms of racing maturity, Max is showing heaps of that, way ahead of what could reasonably be expected for someone his age.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back