Max Verstappen has extended contract to 2023

From a sporting point of view, this makes no sense. Why not wait until half way into the season and see how Redbull fares? I fear Max took a deal he couldn't refuse and potentially locked himself into something that wont win him the championship for the next 3 years. Like Ricciardo.

From a sporting point of view, this makes no sense. Why not wait until half way into the season and see how Redbull fares? I fear Max took a deal he couldn't refuse and potentially locked himself into something that wont win him the championship for the next 3 years. Like Ricciardo.
Or Max and his team are so confident with the promises made about the car and Honda engine and he took the 'risk'. Hopefully they are already convinced with all the progress made. Behind the scenes and for us public plebs confidential details yet to be revealed over the next weeks?

For what it is worth I also like the commitment made by Max towards Dr Helmut Marko. He believed in him and gave him the opportunity to join the RedBull family.

Probably a minor detail but I think the $$$ are also very temping for Jos....uuh Max.

there is still little to say what the best team will be after 2020 ... ?? because all rules are going to be different. It remains a gamble .. Alesi, Ronnie Peterson for example .. who never became world champion you have to be lucky to be in the right team at the right time, right Lewis? Red Bull There are a lot of good people with knowledge there. Adrian Newey and not to mention Honda who has shown a lot of progression in 2019 we are going to see it I am confident. Ricardo is a different story. Renault is not of the same level as Red Bull so don't really understand the comparison. Ricardo should have just stayed, it's his own fault

you have to be lucky to be in the right team at the right time, right Lewis?

I think that's a weak and pointless statement - just because it could be levelled at any world champion in history.

Except for Nico Rosberg, who had to be in the right car and to have a team mate with a permanent oil leak in his engine.

We've seen Lewis couldn't outrun Pierre Gasly in Brazil, so the Honda engine is good.
Redbull is the best place for Max to be he has a solid foundation there and its a great team... but would have been interesting to see him go to a new environment

No more excuses now,.....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing