Max Verstappen completes first F1 test

verstap.jpg
After the media storm surrounding Max Verstappen since it was first announced he would join Scuderia Toro Rosso next season at the tender age of 17, he completed the first formality of his apprenticeship by qualifying for a F1 Super licence.

After a straight line test at Rockingham and a highly publicized demonstration run in Rotterdam, which ended badly as he crashed the car. Yesterday he had is first proper test in an F1 car when he completed 148 laps of the Italian Adria circuit, piloting a 2012 Scuderia Toro Rosso SRT7-Ferrari.

The day's running was completed in both damp and dry conditions, giving him plenty of opportunities to acquaint himself with an F1 car in both conditions. Verstappen was not going for times here, with this test clearly about bedding him in with an F1 and learning the procedures and processes of an F1 car and team.

After the test was completed Verstappen had this to say about it "I was looking forward to my first drive in a Formula 1 car on a proper race track and I really enjoyed it, It was a good opportunity to work with Xevi, who will be my race engineer next year, as well as having a chance to get used to all the buttons on the steering wheel. I think it went well and I can't wait to get back into a Formula 1 car as soon as possible."

His new race engineer for next year Xevi Pujolar also had this to say "Max started his run on Intermediates and got up to speed, making no mistakes. He was very focused and precise and learned quickly, without having to ask many questions. Once we were able to fit slicks, he got used to the car in the dry and built up his speed, while we tried various fuel levels, replicating both qualifying and race trim, doing a mix of short and long runs. For a first day, it was very impressive."

It seems both Max Verstappen and the Scuderia Toro Rosso team were happy with their day's running, with the Super licence likely to mean some Free Practice running later on this season as the next step in preparation for his highly publicized F1 debut next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Are you the kind of person that likes "Jos grindbak" jokes? How silly.

........................................................................................................................................

i just like to see the crash ,if i read about that

no jokes here,,unless you see something i dont ?

why the agression ?

Last edited:

after reading the Wiki
im shocked ,,, its another way to rip off the drivers
the better the driver ,the higher the price of a licence

i would think ,a licence is to proof one can drive
so the better driver the lower the cost of a licence,,like with Insurance and noclaim.

but famous f1 racers pay millions to get their superlicence extended

after reading the Wiki
im shocked ,,, its another way to rip off the drivers
the better the driver ,the higher the price of a licence

i would think ,a licence is to proof one can drive
so the better driver the lower the cost of a licence,,like with Insurance and noclaim.

but famous f1 racers pay millions to get their superlicence extended

And Max Mosely was saying that if they don't want to pay the license fee "you can go race somewhere else"????

All I can say is this, If (and it's a big IF) I was a top level driver, I would be thinking "Yeah OK, I don't mind driving in a race series which is just as fun to race in and just as popular (cough cough WEC cough cough) but is more cost effective on my end. I may just do that."....

I think I would be the winner in that situation. The FIA can whistle for my money if they're going to behave like that.

Really? Are you the kind of person that likes "Jos grindbak" jokes? How silly.

Some 'experienced drivers' giving demo's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kHqsIRA_sk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTbOcIvTvko

Heidfeld is the most experienced driver who never won
Kamui Kobayashi a good driver for Sauber at most
Maldonado who won how he won, hat off, yet his reputation (which is merely an opinion of others) is very bad = kamikaze

Now, it's normal to have these accidents and i will try to give an explanation that Heidfeld a bit lost himself in the smoke, Kobayashi played games while driving min 120kmh at rain and Maldonado who wanted to show off in front of some fans and run too fast in that corner.

Now comparing to what Max did is just not the same.

There are 3 options left:
1. He missed the brake pedal
2. He couldn't reach the brake pedal
3. His brakes didn't worked

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%