Max Verstappen a shock appointment for Toro Rosso next year

Here you got...aged 2 then...... ready to roll into F1

Attachments

• 1389006268244.jpg
    1389006268244.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 219
Yes its a very early arrival.
It would seem to me to make more sense to use Sainz jr as the FR 3.5 cars are one step closer to F1 and he has excelled.
One season i F3 then in F1 in a mid field team, talk about throwing him in the deep end!
Riciardo by contrast did 2 seasons in FR 3.5 or GP2 (cant remember) then a season in HRT and then what 2 in Toro Rosso. This has allowed him to mature and learn mating this with his natural pace and look at the result. Verstappen is quick but makes contact a little too. It may harm him doing this so soon.
His dad is not silly and a tough negotiator. (a tough guy in fact).
Maybe he said to Marko its Toro Rosso in 2015 or we have other option thanks let me know.

This just in. The RAF has announced that they are now allowing 12 year old's to fly Tornadoes and Harrier jets.

Villeneuve is not a fan.

Former world champion Jacques Villeneuve believes the Super Licence system is flawed when a 17-year-old such as Max Verstappen can race in Formula 1.

Villeneuve has labelled the current Super Licence as "meaningless", and thinks a driver should gain experience over the years before reaching F1, no matter how talented

More here

<mod edit: @Paul Smith see also yesterdays thread, please do not copy/paste full articles from copyrighted websites. Trimmed this one for now with a source link>

Last edited by a moderator:
He always finds something to moan about, doesnt he?
Kimi had very little single seater experience as well and people were concerned and now he is a WC.

I think it is very early as well, but his results are more than impressive. I personally think they should have promoted him to FR35 maybe even in the middle of this season.

He always finds something to moan about, doesnt he?
Kimi had very little single seater experience as well and people were concerned and now he is a WC.

I think it is very early as well, but his results are more than impressive. I personally think they should have promoted him to FR35 maybe even in the middle of this season.
He is a moaning git, but the superlicence should mean something otherwise they they should get rid of it. It will be very interesting next year to see how he does. I don't agree he should be in F1 yet but he is and hopefully the media will give him time but I doubt that.

He is a moaning git, but the superlicence should mean something otherwise they they should get rid of it. It will be very interesting next year to see how he does. I don't agree he should be in F1 yet but he is and hopefully the media will give him time but I doubt that.
others moan about the gran turismo project ,and dont like to see gamers and simracers starting in real lm prototypes .
but its just the old guys ,not grasping that its easier for the current generation to get up to speed
rather keeping illusionairy boundries in place ,im sure thats not what the superlicence was intended for (probably just a skill check for safety)
yes ,of course there is a minimum depending on how develloped and trained the physic of the driver is
G forces and other natural boundries are not fooled by politics of F1 .
but tactics and race experience can be learned young
and this guy Max has been intensive mentored from a young age ,and been growing up in the pitsstreet,,also his f3 overtake moves make him look capable to step up to F1

funny how the experience of a driver isnt important no longer ,if they bring the needed CASH along ,even though they are a danger to themself and others.
i rather hear Villeneuve about THAT :giggle:

Villeneuve is not a fan.

Former world champion Jacques Villeneuve believes the Super Licence system is flawed when a 17-year-old such as Max Verstappen can race in Formula 1.

Villeneuve has labelled the current Super Licence as "meaningless", and thinks a driver should gain experience over the years before reaching F1, no matter how talented

More here
I agree somewhat with him. Max is defenitely a talent, but i would have rather seen him 1 or 2 years in GP2. Or 1 year as a third driver.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.5%