Massive understeer on nearrly all cars with Logitech Momo

um hi, im a bit of a noob on setups but anyway as the title says i have massive understeer on nearly all cars in the game, so much so that to get full lock i have to be under 20mph, umm is there anything i can do. my wheel's profile is based on the default logitech momo profile simbin have provided, i have increased the speed sensitve steering to 100% and that made a bit of a change for the better, anything else i can do?

If your using the defualt logitech setting with the rotation set around 200 degrees and you hitting full lock on all the cars via Wheel, I would suggest you increase the cars lock till you get to be around 90% of your full roation.

This will not reduce the amount of understeer thats done by either reducing the front ARB or uncreasing the rear ARB.

I would think that speed sensitive steering would make the problem worse. I have the same wheel and I turn it off completely.

If you have this problem with nearly all cars, then maybe you're just taking corners too fast. Maybe try braking sooner.

Some ARB tweaking helps to fine-tune the car for understeer/oversteer.

• Mikkow

Well, with a G25, you have the full range of movement like most real race cars. Setting the wheel turning far is supposed to give you a nervous steering when going faster, thus it's a compromise. :) A bit cheaty to do those things if you have 2.5 turns of lock available I think. Actually it could be compared with all the other driver aids (even though some exist on the real cars and should be used under normal racing circumstances).

• vmagics

I was under the impression that steering sensitivity was the same as linearity. Therefore 50% = completely linear. Which is what people usually suggest. I'd be especially interested to hear an opinion from you Atti since your lap times are freakishly fast.

• Matt Crouch

If you're referring to the post above about speed sensitive steering (which depends on the speed your car is travelling and should be 0% for 1:1 input), that is a separate setting to steering sensitivity, which is 1:1 at 50% as you described

although I believe sensitivity is about making the line steeper or shallower rather than curving it, whereas linearity is curving the line so that when you turn the wheel a smaller amount, it has a bigger or smaller effect than it ordinarily would. :)

• vmagics

If you're referring to the post above about speed sensitive steering (which depends on the speed your car is travelling and should be 0% for 1:1 input), that is a separate setting to steering sensitivity, which is 1:1 at 50% as you described

although I believe sensitivity is about making the line steeper or shallower rather than curving it, whereas linearity is curving the line so that when you turn the wheel a smaller amount, it has a bigger or smaller effect than it ordinarily would. :)
Oh Yeah! I was getting confused. I only just realised everybody's talking about 'speed sensitive steering' and I was thinking of 'steering sensitivity'.
Phew. Thought I had been playing with non-linear steering (or whatever it is) for a minute there. Cheers Zogger:thumb:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%