DiRT Rally Massive Stutter/Loss of Fram/FFB

I cant figure out what the issue is- I tried the ghost replays and have the 2 replay files set as read only.

No dice. It makes the game more or less unplayable because every 15-20 sec I drop to 0 lose all frames and physics and crash. People on steam have the same issue but no definitive answers have been found :/

i5 2500k
16gb ram
Win 8.1

I have the same issue with similar specs (I5 3570k, 7970, Win 7, 8 gig ram). One thing that helped was to turn my antivirus (Avast) into Game/silent mode. Also, stop any backup programs you have running (for me crashplan). Since I have done these two things, the game runs great. I can get a full steady 60 FPS at high 1080p. I tried ultra but I get some drops into the low 50's in the forests of Wales.

I turned off the crowd since they look like crap anyways; seemed to improve my performance on my system. Though I'm running much different specs.

AMD FX 8 core Vishera @ 4.2GHz
Radeon R9 290
8gb low cas latency ram
250GB SSD (love the fast loading times this gives me)
Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

EDIT: note I have never had it give me zero FPS, but I have seen drops of frame-rate that definitely struggles in some sections that might not be fully optimized.

The reason behind this is like with all the other Codemasters games. Its the replay file usually being written. If you have another hdd you need to setup a symbolic link and move the replay file away from the windows drive. It completely fixes my stuttering problem in the game.

Replay folder is in c:/program data/codemasters

The reason behind this is like with all the other Codemasters games. Its the replay file usually being written. If you have another hdd you need to setup a symbolic link and move the replay file away from the windows drive. It completely fixes my stuttering problem in the game.

Replay folder is in c:/program data/codemasters
What`s a symbolic link? :O_o:

I`ve had to uninstall it. I was getting framerates of between 20-30fps, even on the low setting. I didn`t have this problem when I originally installed it, so I can only assume it`s something to do with the new update :(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 339 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%