Massive Automobilista Build 1.4.3 Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilsta Update June 2017.jpg

Build 1.4.3 of the outstanding Automobilista racing simulation has been released today by Reiza Studios, adding some new content, plenty of fixes and... Steam Achievements!

Honestly Steam Achievements don't appeal to me personally, however it seems like this seemingly low profile element of the game has been widely craved by a large proportion of the sim racing community for several months now, and after a couple of unexpected delays the Brazilian development team have finally included the finished feature in Automobilista.

Other highlights to the build include a brand new rallycross layout for the DLC Hockenheim track, promised at the time of the Legendary Tracks DLC release but having needed a little more time until it could be added to the public build version of the title.

Of particular note should be the improvements made to the AI during qualification situations. Now Reiza have updated the game to ensure AI opponents take the appropriate amount of fuel during qualifying sessions offline, hopefully adding a more competitive experience when racing against the game in-between enjoying multiplayer racing events (sorry for the shameful plug.. ;) ).

The AI improvements don't end with just qualifying fuel loads either. The developers appear to have spent considerable time working on making improvements to the way the artificial intelligence reacts when racing each other and the player in offline mode within Automobilista. Several areas of the AI have been addressed in this build and it will be interesting to see how this changes the dynamic between player and computer in racing situations.

The full build 1.4.3 change log can be seen below:

• Added Hockenheim RX layout (not compatible with DynHUD at the moment)
  • Integrated initial batch of Steam Achievements (more info & related discussions here)
  • Season Tool: Improved handling of errors related to reading of series/track images; All series vehicle filters are now added to seasons (these can be further limited/customised when starting the season in game)
  • Radio Spotter: Audio files now cached in memory to try prevent stutters loading the files during gameplay on some systems
  • Expanded track GDB tire compound parameters to set different compound restrictions for different series, and define which of the allowed compounds AI qualifies & start race on *
  • Added AIRaceCompoundSwitch parameter to series files - if set to 1 AI is forced to switch to the next tire compound allowed in a tire stop (if set to 0 or not present AI will continue on the same default compound) **
  • Made softest compound default for F-Extreme. F-Reiza, F-Ultimate
  • DynHUD: Added option to switch Track Map state from stactic, rotating & off (CTRL + M switches between the states)
  • Replaced tacho texture in native HUD
  • Revised & expanded default championship calendars for several series
  • Reduced pitlane speed limit in races from 100 km/h to 80 km/h in all GP layouts to match real rules
  • Fine tuned drag effects for each car, correcting some previous exaggerated values
  • Fixed F-Truck & ARC Camaro wrong ID for TT leaderboards
  • Fixed bug that would cause excessive AI tire wear when TireManagement parameter wasn´t present in driver RCD file (now defaults to 80, 100 being default tire compound wear)
  • Fixed bug in AI tire pitstop thresholds not working causing the AI to run tires to canvas
  • Fixed bug that could cause AI to slow down too much in cool down lap after checkered flag
  • Global AI adjustments: Slightly reduced qualifying performance gap vs race / slightly increased AI tendency to move out of the draft from car ahead; Adjusted AI reaction to be more combative when another is close by or side by side
  • Fixed AI fuel slightly over fueling in qualifying (now AI does 3-4 lap runs and takes just enough fuel in between for the next run)
  • Changed AI strategy for fixing damage in pits - now AI only fixes damage when wings are missing (no longer doing long pit stops for minor bodywork fixes)
  • Further fine tuning of fuel consumption & estimates for several cars
  • Reduced AI performance variation in Supertruck layouts
  • Adjusted tire wear & degradation rates for all compounds in F-Ultimate, F-Extreme & F-Reiza
  • Brands Hatch: Fixed safety car position in pit lane; Updated AI paths; updated curb textures
  • Hockenheim: Disabled Safety Car for 77 & 88 layouts
  • Karts: Adjusted POV to avoid clipping with driver model
  • Caterham: Fixed missing driver arms in external view for 360R models
  • Montana: Fixes to pitgroups & talent files
  • Mini: Fixed Celtic teams missing vehicle IDs for Time Trial
  • LancerX: Moved default brake bias forward; Fixed bug with driver arms in external cameras
  • F-Ultimate: Adjusted steering wheel height; Increased DRS drag reduction; Increased tires´ pneumatic trail (should make FFB slightly stronger)
  • F-Truck: Updated driver suits & Gloves
  • F-V10: Updated driver suits & Gloves
  • F-V12: fixed sound going mute between 4-5k RPM
  • Ultima: Fixed graphics glitch in headlights from external cameras
  • Superkart: corrected moving arms lodout distance
  • F3: fixed steering wheels LODs of F301
  • MCR: fixed rpm lights and LCD glass
  • Marcas: Added missing talent files; Reduced AI skill range for more consistent performance
* AI will now qualify on softest compound available in all default tracks;
** In case of modern Formula series in default tracks, AI will start on softest compound available and switch to the next in range in a tire stop

Further info regarding above changes: for ex. F-Ultimate @ Montreal, AI will now qualify and start race in UltraSoft compound; since series has AIRaceCompoundSwitch=1, AI will then switch to SuperSoft if / when it stops for tires as per 2017 compound options & strategy; If it´s a F-Extreme race @ Montreal, AI will start on SuperSoft and switch to Softs as per 2015 compound options & strategy. If it´s tracks with no compound restrictions, AI will always run the softest compound and switch to the next up in tire stop. F-Classic will qualify on qualifying tires but will always race on C race compound; if it does a tire stop it will just switch to a new C set.

Series that don´t have multiple tire compounds and / or don´t feature in the track GDB will continue using the default compound as before. Mod tracks should be updated to use this latest syntax in order to feature compound restrictions.

Important note for Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation has been initially implemented on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled v1.4.3_G29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

For the next release we hope to have it fully integrated into the main branch.

GENERAL NOTES:
If you have an online race tonight, you may stick to or revert to the previous v1.4.05 by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

For further difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game, please refer to USER MANUAL present as a launch option from Steam If you need further assistance please post it in the troubleshooting topic or email Steam Summer sale with great discounts - if you´re missing anything make sure to check them out!

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Reiza Studios, available to purchase from Steam.

Automobilsta Update June 2017 2.jpg
Automobilsta Update June 2017 3.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Have you had the chance to try out the new update yet? What do you think of the sim post 1.4.3 update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Seriously, what the hell are you talking about... graphics are bad? Some quick screenshots, not even using any SweetFX presets, I think my shadows aren't on Max but on High in these, also could go with better AA if I wasn't on triples with 980 ti:

Y1iwlBw.jpg

hSXZXi4.jpg

fA79jMw.jpg

vpiX4vc.jpg

That in 27" triple screens, runs perfectly smooth with 30 car grids... can't complain. Since when graphics were the main thing anyway, isn't it physics. Also, add to that the awesome car sounds, almost as good as RaceRoom.

I don't give a single F how pCars 2 etc looks, if it doesn't drive as well as AMS. (Most likely won't)

Last edited:
... graphics are bad? Some quick screenshots, not even using any SweetFX presets, I think my shadows aren't on Max but on High ..
Y1iwlBw.jpg

hSXZXi4.jpg

fA79jMw.jpg

vpiX4vc.jpg
..runs perfectly smooth ...

Agreed. Same settings. Silky smooth. The graphics are already better than my brain can appreciate when I'm racing anyway.

cqgxx.jpg

16i78rs.jpg

15y7nky.jpg

28tezd3.jpg

2q1dwzs.jpg

(Apparently Lance is going to have another good showing this weekend. :p)

qntons.jpg

All this chat about VR, no VR etc, and it possibly being in Rieza's next race sim............but they said their next game was called Reiza 17 as a working title wasn't it? We are in the second half of 2017 now, any news on the new sim?

When Reiza17 was mentioned, it was for the crow funding campaign in summer 2015: they wanted to increase the life of their then current game SCE because they felt a 2 year gap would be too big. The campaign was such a success that it lead to a new "intermediate" game, the Automobilista we have now. And I guess it worked pretty well because we got many more in this game that what was initially announced! So they spent more time on AMS, and the next title has been postponed obviously. @Alex Sawczuk recently mentioned that there won't be a new release this year.

As far as I know they did not give a precise timetable; they just mentioned the goal was now to complete the work on AMS (probably with the next big update), then move on the next title. I would assume a new beta of the following game would be coming at the beginning of 2018 at the earliest. I'm pretty sure they don't know yet themselves, and will communicate in due time. :)
And yes, the next game was included with the biggest perks; its DLC too.

And as far as I know, AMS 1.5 will be the final version where it will considered completed. So indeed, expect the next upcoming big update as probably the final one. And as far as I now there will be one or maybe two DLC's coming for AMS.

I personally hope for more news regarding Reiza 17 around the 1.5 AMS update. Hopefully they can announce a target date for release around that time @Alex Sawczuk :sneaky::p:thumbsup:

And for me personally: an updated graphics engine to DX11/DX12 with reworks of the AMS content to the new engine already would be awesome as Reiza 17. Looking forward to the future! :cool:

What app or addon are you using for that position layout on the top left of the screen please? it looks great

It's just DynHud. There's a little option box for some tv_layout widgets which is labelled "Use Images". If you uncheck it, it reverts back to this look - which I think was a previous version of DynHud graphics if I'm not mistaken.
2s85xk7.jpg

Did you follow the manual for graphics instructions? After I add supersample x8 it looks pretty damn good, especially the new tracks.

I guess it does. The problem lies with the outdated engine. The cars look cartoonish. Lighting is lacking, not even HDR like AC has. These guys really sacrificed quite a lot. It'd have been fine 6-7 years ago. Right now, unless Pcars 2 delivers a considerable update in physics over the first, I don't think there's one sim that really delivers in both aspects.

I guess it does. The problem lies with the outdated engine. The cars look cartoonish. Lighting is lacking, not even HDR like AC has. These guys really sacrificed quite a lot. It'd have been fine 6-7 years ago. Right now, unless Pcars 2 delivers a considerable update in physics over the first, I don't think there's one sim that really delivers in both aspects.

It's outdated, but the rest of the experience makes up for it. By focusing on the sim essentials first, we will get an amazing next generation title when Reiza moves to a new graphics engine. It will have the best of both.

I'm willing to support that (and when the Steam sale is on it is awfully cheap for anyone to do so) and suffer with the outdated graphics for a while longer. If you actually seriously get into the racing itself, you'll find the graphics are not so bad as to be distracting or off-putting. But this is a title aimed at the more hardcore simulation audience. Anyone who wants eye-candy as a top priority will pass it by.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 270 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 180 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 133 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 238 13.5%