Maserati Tipo 61 "Birdcage"

Cars Maserati Tipo 61 "Birdcage" 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
He definitelly should ! Did you see that he has an actual comparison video of him driving 250F in real life and in AC ? :D Thats pretty amazing.

In his videos I can see for sure, that car is not up to very big slip angle drifts, perhaps around 8-9degs is a limit for it. You can very obviously see that car is loose on the braking, this suggest that diff is on the loose side. Also seems to be quite gentle on power and car already looks quite playful, this suggests how well rear grips.

And cmon you can drive it anywhere haha, I enjoyed it a lot in Vallelunga Classic and Nurburgring GP, just for example.

I don't think Goodwood 1.0 will come for AC, I doubt it. But who knows, however time goes forward and new more advanced simulation arises there might be steps forward. I still have the "to do" txt file for Goodwood xD

Did you see that he has an actual comparison video of him driving 250F in real life and in AC ? :D Thats pretty amazing.
I'd only watched his racing videos before, but did watch it this afternoon, pretty cool. :)

And cmon you can drive it anywhere haha
Yes, I can and do drive elsewhere (lately mostly stuff by some guy calling himself Fat Alfie and another guy going by the call sign Lilski), but I'm a big fan of the Goodwood circuit and yours seems to be a pretty solid version of it (possibly the only as well). I defy anyone to watch some Goodwood MM or Revival races on Youtube, then fire up AC and chuck the GT40, Cobra or Lola T70 around your Goodwood...and NOT end up with a big stupid smile on their face. :D More fun than a bag of chimps on crack! :roflmao:

I don't think Goodwood 1.0 will come for AC, I doubt it.
Oh well, can't fault me for trying. I'm fine with driving the current version either way. I suppose some are moving away from AC but for me it still feels better than the other options available and I think there's lots of life left in it. I for one am not giving up on it anytime soon. I think it still looks pretty good and runs like silk for me. The maturity of some of the mods we have available to use in AC is hard to beat. Kunos gave us a pretty solid base for development and I think the modders have really taken things to the next level, possibly farther than even Kunos imagined.:thumbsup:

Got round to driving this properly for the first time today, really enjoyed the experience! Cool driving position in VR, as classic's always seem to be.

Lot of entry understeer, especially on faster corners. Certainly a fun challenge to drive around (didn't look into the setup).

Keep it up, the transformation you've made from when you first arrived here is remarkable! My only advice would be to slow down a bit :roflmao:
Seriously, your stuff is awesome, even more so when you consider your lack of experience and speed at which you move, but I think there is a lot of benefit to be had from taking more time to really polish it up :thumbsup:

Really really thanks mate. That s my problem with 3d modelling. It s a real long travel. I have a problem with long works. I m a long time graphic designer ( web too ) and photographer. Never wanted to enter 3d world because of time involved on doing things. In reality is really cool, difficult but so rewarding, strategic in some ways. But i ended working like a paid work or more only to see the result asap. I m in vacations now. When back i ll return praticing on ACC, wanna make some championships. Ooo.. and of course make lods for birdcage!

Top speed was too high ? I did not pay attention on that so just asking.

Also car already felt quite soft and smooth :) But of course just an opinion, looking forward for others feedback. I hope you are in right direction.

Pace wise, at Goodwood, the car seems fairly similar to the last version. When I tested the old version I did 1:25.645 and the new 1:25.298. Making up a lot of time through the kink heading into St. Mary's.
Wow. Amazing times. Really. Ai was on 1.33.. adjusted to do at least a 1.30

Tried it today, but the driving position is really weird. This is on triple screen setup, hence the distortions and gaps.. It's the only car I've experienced this on so far, and I've got plenty of (the top rated from here) mod cars as well.

drivingposition.jpg

Hope you can fix it! :)

For reference, position in the Jaguar XJ13 (mod from RaceDepartment):

jagxj13.jpg

While I agree the pitch is quite extreme on this car, 6773 people (at this moment) had no problem adjusting their driving position.

I've changed this in car.ini :

[GRAPHICS]
DRIVEREYES=-0.174407,0.874526,-0.534054
ON_BOARD_PITCH_ANGLE=-3.965768

Screenshot_tipo61_tor_poznanl_10-6-120-21-4-10.jpg

Why car.ini ?
Because I've also strenghtned a bit the FFB :

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=3.7
STEER_ASSIST=1

Yeah another mod released in insane pace.

My first impression was that FFB is at least twice too strong, so I reduced it ingame.

Then the speed is very high, I did pretty much our big block Cobra pace at Goodwood. Without much effort, actually a bit faster, as I tried Cobra afterwards, and without getting serious I was slower than with this car.

Car actually was difficult for me for a couple of laps, because it was sliding hard, probably bbecause of less grip that I used for Goodwood (mod grip). I think sliding grip also feels so low, because of base grip being very high, most likely too high. So I think that sliding grip is probably kool, but base grip is too high. Car is definitely too planted for base grip, very obviously, but sliding friction may be good IMO And it seems so comparing my experience now watching the rl onboard videos, car is very playful.

I suppose this car should be at around 1'30 at goodwood. I did low 1'24 almost 1'23 very quickly without trying much at all. I see previous year it did 1'27, but everyone were too fast in 2018 in Sussex trophy, I mean too fast comparing to the historic pace, which should be around 1'30 I think.

I like the sound, though it is probably very wrong. It sounds like this, which is probably just poor audio:
Re: sound. They would sound completely different. The Birdcage had the old two-and-a-half liter inline Four (used in everything from Maserati's F1 to sports-racing cars) and the Tipo 151 used the newer V8 originally developed for the Indycar "Race of Two Worlds" at Monza and later in the 450S sports car.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years