Maserati Tipo 61 "Birdcage"

Cars Maserati Tipo 61 "Birdcage" 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Pessio submitted a new resource:

Maserati Tipo 61 "Birdcage" - Maserati Tipo 61 "Birdcage" 1959

Maserati Tipo 61 "Birdcage"

Little gift for the community.
All scratch built with some blueprints ( really wrong ) and a lot of different photos as reference.
Every one of the 16 cars built is slightly different, so take it as a "standard". Interior is modelled using a single photo as a reference, so something can be little wrong this time.

Correct power and torque, correct suspensions ( double wishbone at front and de Dion axle, with transverse leaf spring at back )

Sound...

Read more about this resource...

It looks beautiful! Really, really nice work :thumbsup:

As above, I won't leave a review until it is v1.0 as that would be unfair. My first impressions are that it drives very nicely; almost too nicely. I jumped in it and set off for a lap of my 26km test track and even though I was trying to push hard, I didn't crash once. The tyres have a huge amount of grip (which may be accurate) but felt a bit too grippy to me.

I also did a quick sound swap with one of the Kunos cars as I found the included sounds to be slightly annoying and synthetic.

But the modelling is gorgeous; I can't wait to see what Andy is going to come up with for the skins :)

Thanks for all your hard work on this beautiful car so far :thumbsup:

From what started as a "let's see how i can model this quickly" made it to a complete working mod!
congrats on that, beating everyone to it XD
you're from another world aren't you ?
the car looks absolutely gorgeous, now i just need to find some fresh air to drive it!

Yeah another mod released in insane pace.

My first impression was that FFB is at least twice too strong, so I reduced it ingame.

Then the speed is very high, I did pretty much our big block Cobra pace at Goodwood. Without much effort, actually a bit faster, as I tried Cobra afterwards, and without getting serious I was slower than with this car.

Car actually was difficult for me for a couple of laps, because it was sliding hard, probably bbecause of less grip that I used for Goodwood (mod grip). I think sliding grip also feels so low, because of base grip being very high, most likely too high. So I think that sliding grip is probably kool, but base grip is too high. Car is definitely too planted for base grip, very obviously, but sliding friction may be good IMO And it seems so comparing my experience now watching the rl onboard videos, car is very playful.

I suppose this car should be at around 1'30 at goodwood. I did low 1'24 almost 1'23 very quickly without trying much at all. I see previous year it did 1'27, but everyone were too fast in 2018 in Sussex trophy, I mean too fast comparing to the historic pace, which should be around 1'30 I think.

I like the sound, though it is probably very wrong. It sounds like this, which is probably just poor audio:

Yeah another mod released in insane pace.

My first impression was that FFB is at least twice too strong, so I reduced it ingame.

Then the speed is very high, I did pretty much our big block Cobra pace at Goodwood. Without much effort, actually a bit faster, as I tried Cobra afterwards, and without getting serious I was slower than with this car.

Car actually was difficult for me for a couple of laps, because it was sliding hard, probably bbecause of less grip that I used for Goodwood (mod grip). I think sliding grip also feels so low, because of base grip being very high, most likely too high. So I think that sliding grip is probably kool, but base grip is too high. Car is definitely too planted for base grip, very obviously, but sliding friction may be good IMO And it seems so comparing my experience now watching the rl onboard videos, car is very playful.

I suppose this car should be at around 1'30 at goodwood. I did low 1'24 almost 1'23 very quickly without trying much at all. I see previous year it did 1'27, but everyone were too fast in 2018 in Sussex trophy, I mean too fast comparing to the historic pace, which should be around 1'30 I think.

I like the sound, though it is probably very wrong. It sounds like this, which is probably just poor audio:

Yeah, is i think too much speedy now, as usual i think problem is with the tyres, with i didn't model but let cm brain modellin' for me. Only small tweaks. Do u have clues how to change a bit? i left data uncompressed this time in beta BTW.

About sound, dunno. your video is a tipo 151, and is a v8 i think, tipo 61 is a inline 4.

BTW tipo 151 is an absolute monster and beauty

Neither 151 sounds like that, it is distorted sound, there are vids with better quality. But I don't care I like that sound.

There are also plenty of neat onboards with birdcage, no troubles with refferences.

Correct someone if I'm wrong, these are main base grip parameters:

DY0= ; MU coefficient of grip, for longitudinal performance
DY1= ; load sensitivity, , for longitudinal performance
DX0= ; MU coefficient of grip, for lateral performance
DX1= ; load sensitivity, , for lateral performance

FZ0= ; don't remember what this does, but maybe a reference load for load for load sensitivity ?

Neither 151 sounds like that, it is distorted sound, there are vids with better quality. But I don't care I like that sound.

There are also plenty of neat onboards with birdcage, no troubles with refferences.

FZ0= ; don't remember what this does, but maybe a reference load for load for load sensitivity ?

IIRC now in v10 the parameters are
DX_REF
DY_REF
and dy0 and "family" are deprecated, but not sure, finding info is really difficult

something like:

DX_REF=1.403
DY_REF=1.250

Well I have suffered of placebo big time before when tweaking tires, and I am not true physics modeler, so I don't know for sure. Should be easy to test with some crazy experimental values, like 0.0. Just to see if parameter is effective.

Somehow missed this on the downloads page so thank you for posting in the WAYWO thread!

Very much looking forward to giving this beauty a go. Fantastic model, and at an insane pace. Great stuff!

Maserati 250F maybe a good reference for tyres?

I haven't tried the car yet, I have 5 others in a que to be tested so skins will happen before I try it I think.

i used them as reference with CM neural tool.. but maybe some tweak has to be done

Perhaps I got it much better this time, I actually did 0.5s faster laptime :D

Working right now on sorting out where so much grip comes from. Already got 2s added on the laptime at Goodwood. Still feels very planted. I even though that it could have downforce, but looks like it has almost 100kg of lift.

Perhaps I got it much better this time, I actually did 0.5s faster laptime :D

Working right now on sorting out where so much grip comes from. Already got 2s added on the laptime at Goodwood. Still feels very planted. I even though that it could have downforce, but looks like it has almost 100kg of lift.
with my tweaks or yours?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years