Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP
Maserati Tipo 61 - 1960 Targa Florio #200 Camoradi

Skins Maserati Tipo 61 - 1960 Targa Florio #200 Camoradi 1.01

ivoyared submitted a new resource:

Maserati Tipo 61 - 1960 Targa Florio #200 Camoradi - As driven by Umberto Maglioli and Nino Vaccarella

This is my replica of the Maserati Tipo 60/61 "Birdcage" driven by Umberto Maglioli and Nino Vaccarella in the 1960 Targa Florio. Despite taking the lead by lap five and making the fastest lap, the car failed to finish: it's fuel tank was punctured by a rock.

This skin was made for the Maserati Tipo 61 mod, which can be found here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/maserati-tipo-61-birdcage.28161/

This is my first replica skin. Any feedback welcome...

Read more about this resource...

Nice to have another skin for Pessio's Maserati :thumbsup:

For authenticity, the chassis plate number for this particular car, is 2451. It was the same car as Carroll Shelby's #20, driven in 1959 ;)

Nice to have another skin for Pessio's Maserati :thumbsup:

For authenticity, the chassis plate number for this particular car, is 2451. It was the same car as Carroll Shelby's #20, driven in 1959 ;)

Thanks for the heads up, gonna update that in just a moment. :D

I was thinking of also making the second Birdcage that raced that year, which was #178, and maybe from other years as well. Where do you find the complete racing history of these wonderful cars?