Skins Maserati MC12 GT1 No15 JMB (Red Bull)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly does the 3D software do? The skin looks 100% accurate, fonts correct, and livery scaling is very good.
yeah Bernd, only with 3D paint programm you can do skins like that (also my McLaren GT3 STIX). The overlay of some parts of the vehicle makes 2D skinning almost impossible. With 3D you can place the logos directly and exactly on the 3D model and than the program generates the suitable 2D psd-file. This psd-file (Layer) now will be merged with your other 2D psd files (Layers) to the end dds-file in game. Look at yt ("mudbox" programm from autodesk)

yeah Bernd, only with 3D paint programm you can do skins like that (also my McLaren GT3 STIX). The overlay of some parts of the vehicle makes 2D skinning almost impossible. With 3D you can place the logos directly and exactly on the 3D model and than the program generates the suitable 2D psd-file. This psd-file (Layer) now will be merged with your other 2D psd files (Layers) to the end dds-file in game. Look at yt ("mudbox" programm from autodesk)
Its also possible in 2D for sure. Especially with a "easy" livery like this. But of course 3D direct painting can save a lot of time.

I like your work :inlove:

Greets After_Midnight

BTW: If you add 2K versions of your work for the lower end PC's out there iz would be also necessary to resize all other textures to Kunos standarts. E.g. the tire textures ;)

Its also possible in 2D for sure. Especially with a "easy" livery like this. But of course 3D direct painting can save a lot of time.

I like your work :inlove:

Greets After_Midnight

BTW: If you add 2K versions of your work for the lower end PC's out there iz would be also necessary to resize all other textures to Kunos standarts. E.g. the tire textures ;)
... don't think so, the vehicle parts the logo are on are so dispersed on the 2D template that you can never assemble them exactly together. I tried this by my STIX car, looked ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 129 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%