Mark Webber

Sorry about that Eric but Bram is right. You should avoid anything related to motorsport if you havn't seen what you want to see. I have done so my self a few times but I have started to learn from my mistakes ;)

Also I wanted to get the news out the same day as it happend. Looks much better that way in my opinion instead of waiting a day or two. Then it is old news...

@Dustin: Not a fun way to begin an article in my opinion. The headline should be the story in short.

I don't really care if the title is 'fun' or not, for people like Eric and those of us who live in the states like myself, we don't always have a chance to watch the race live or within a few hours. A bit of common courtesy can go a long way and a title of 2009 German Grand Prix Results seems like a fine title to me.

Maybe something to take into consideration for a next article to be careful with a specfic thread name which can be a ''spoiler'' for some people around the world regarding timezones, etc.

Now back on topic again :D

Mark pulled off a great win, nobody could stop him, not even a deserved penalty (which Kimi didn't receive; not the first time he just wrecks somebodies races...maybe time for Kimi to switch to Touringcars?!) stopped him from winning the race.

It predicted to be a ''do or die'' year for Webber with Vettel as a teammate. Vettel just blowing him away result wise prolly would have meant an out at Red Bull for 2010. But with the good results, and now his maiden win, Webber has nothing to worry about, only he has things to look forward on, like trying to win the Championship!

Yeh, Mark on the Team Radio was priceless, brought a smile to my face. Someone that delighted, it obviously meant a lot to him.

As for this spoiler matter, I don't think we can plase both parties (Tivo-ers and live viewers). If I am not mistaken, the front page was for Simracing news only? that's what I thought when it was first conceived.

If I am not mistaken, the front page was for Simracing news only? that's what I thought when it was first conceived.

Thats an assumption a lot of people make but simracing was never the exclusive focus of RaceDepartment when we founded it last year.

It should be a place where both real and virtual motorsports have their home and hopefully in the future get more and more closer together then they already do at present :D

lol, good point Ross. "... and Webber trundles over the line in last..."

As for the frontpage thing, I'm some eejit. The subtitle of RD is "Blurring the line between virtual and real motorsports" :p

Forget I opened my mouth XD

good video, i really feel bad for the guy :( a really talented driver who was held back by inferior teams or cars. now he's being overshadowed by vettel.

if he can bring back that never-say-die attitude you mentioned in your video, then hopefully he can get his balls back and beat Vettel sometime. he must have felt robbed when vettel took that championship. being so close then just having the rug swept out from under you by stupid stuff.

wow that radio transmission from the German GP....that had to be the most hysterical transmission i've ever heard.

I wouldn't say so, he's said he hasn't been coping on the pirelli tyres as well as his teammate. In no way is he a spacefiller, he's gotten 2 pole positions but unfortunately, the races haven't gone his way. It would be a shame to see him retire because he still has so much more to give. I just want him to beat Vettel!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back