Mark Webber Leaves Formula 1 for Porsche

Excellent move for Webber, and I suspect very timely for his career. Good catch by Porsche too.

I'd be amazed if Kimi moved to Red Bull, but if he did, there sure won't be anymore "Team Orders", so Vettel may have real competition for Championship wins.
Can you imagine Vettel on the radio saying, "get him out of the way, too slow" ? (or more correctly, what the response from Kimi would be). :D

Smart move from Mark. He knew his time was up in the sport. Back to Le Mans for a swan-song is a very good career choice on his behalf.

I remember speaking with Mark as a kid when the company I worked for at the time was a major sponsor on his race car, and he told me his dream was always to drive in a top team in F1 racing. Well, he fulfilled his dream, so that was great for him that he was able to do this. Not many people in this world can say that they have fulfilled such as dream. When I spoke with him back in the day he mentioned driving for Renault, Ferrari or McLaren. Red Bull weren't around in the late 90s as a F1 Team. Well, he still raced for a top team, and they do have Renault engines.

Wrt who will take his seat, I'd like to see a driver who can compete with Vettel without any team orders, so Kimi moving there would be fantastic, but somehow I don't see such a move eventuating, because Helmut Marko would not like a no.2 driver with equal status to Vettel. Plus Kimi wouldn't take well to being a number 2 driver with team orders. I just don't see Kimi ending up there. It will be more likely that a Toro Rosso driver (the new Red Bull wipping boy) will be the guy who gets the job with orders much like Mark had - to give Vettel every chance of winning more world championships. Possibly Ricciardo, but I think they'd go with Vergne instead.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back