Marcus Ericsson

how is this guy even in Formula 1? the highest he's ever finished in GP2 is 6th in the championship, and he's only ever won 2 races in almost 4 full seasons. he must have some serious cash behind him.

how is this guy even in Formula 1? the highest he's ever finished in GP2 is 6th in the championship, and he's only ever won 2 races in almost 4 full seasons. he must have some serious cash behind him.

15 million dollars, in the new sponsor agreement. Among other deals.

But he is a great driver actually, or at least, he will be when he matures. GP2 can not really be used to predict how someone would fare in F1, as it is a lot of factors determining that.

He has more potential than any driver seen the past few years, if he is coached properly and matures as a race driver.

I know how you feel bro ... :D as a dane its exciting to have Magnussen in F1 this season. Its been ages since Kiesa was in F1 and he was crap in a crap car.

Wouldn't say that Ericsson has "more potential than any driver seen in the past few years" (maybe slightly carried away because of the excitement), but i'm sure he'll perform well this season as well as all the other rookies.

Can't wait for F1 2014 with a Dane and a Swede in a line-up .. though hopefully Ericsson will move to a better team before all too long

15 million dollars, in the new sponsor agreement. Among other deals.

But he is a great driver actually, or at least, he will be when he matures. GP2 can not really be used to predict how someone would fare in F1, as it is a lot of factors determining that.

He has more potential than any driver seen the past few years, if he is coached properly and matures as a race driver.

he was beaten by Max Chilton in the 2012 GP2 series. Chilton finished 4th, and Ericcson finished 8th. so if Ericcson is a great driver, then Chilton must be absolutely brilliant ;)

he was beaten by Max Chilton in the 2012 GP2 series. Chilton finished 4th, and Ericcson finished 8th. so if Ericcson is a great driver, then Chilton must be absolutely brilliant ;)

As i said, lots of factors determine the overall success in F1 and driver abilities, results are only one of those. I think Ericsson has greater potential than Chilton, despite finishing lower. How come? Well, if i study their driving styles i see a more evolved style in Marcus, but it is not nurtured properly. He needs more aggression and a better mental stability.

Hence my saying, that he can be great, IF given the proper coaching. I'm not sure Caterham is best for this, but i think Koba will teach him a lot.

marcuss ericsson 2014 car drive and helmet

Attachments

• cate-jer-2014.jpg
    cate-jer-2014.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 879
  • m12654334885_7371422e14_b.jpg
    m12654334885_7371422e14_b.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 667
I live in the same small town as Marcus is from, and today i was visiting the local grocery store, where they had a replica of said helmet displayed in a glass cage, as a trbute to the local hero :) Dont know if it is donated or something, but it looks funny as the store is like a really small grocery store... Small community and the talk of the town is certainly abou Marcus now as we gear up towards the season start...

Can we get him out of F1 yet, its one thing to be beaten by a guy who is driving an F1 car for the first time in however long it was, BUT getting beaten by a new guy to F1 who doesn't even have a fully fledged Super license is an embarrassment, sorry to the Swedes but this guy is far from a hero he is an even bigger flop than Chilton and that is saying something

Can we get him out of F1 yet, its one thing to be beaten by a guy who is driving an F1 car for the first time in however long it was, BUT getting beaten by a new guy to F1 who doesn't even have a fully fledged Super license is an embarrassment, sorry to the Swedes but this guy is far from a hero he is an even bigger flop than Chilton and that is saying something
Agreed, and as a swede I have had alot of faith in him pretty much the whole season but having been beaten by newbies twice in a row is just... I have really realized that he is only here thanks to Volito Aero or whoever it is sponsoring him

not only was Andre Lotterer faster than Ericsson when he drove the Caterham in practice at Spa, but now Robert Merhi was also faster than him in Friday practice at Monza. this is really starting to get embarrassing for Ericsson now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back