Marco Simoncelli 1987 - 2011

R.I.P. Marco Simoncell

I'm completely gutted. One can only imagine the torment Marco Simoncelli's family and friends are in, along with Rossi and Edwards.

A horrid end to the week.

You can seeby Edwards and Rossi's reaction the second they have crashed - they know it wasn't looking good, Edwards just stood there is disbelief for about 10 seconds before even moving, while SImoncelli just lay there.. shocking scenes :( R.I.P Marco!

Marco Simoncelli has died from the injuries he sustained in a crash on the second lap of the Malaysian Grand Prix. He was only 24 years old. Rest in peace "Super Sic".
marcosi.jpg

Marco Simoncelli Simoncelli was involved in a fatal accident with Colin Edwardshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Edwards and Valentino Rossi during the 2011 Malaysian GP at the Sepang International Circuit. In fourth position during lap two Simoncelli's bike veered across the track and straight into the path of Edwards and Rossi.

Edwards was injured with a dislocated shoulder, while Simoncelli lay still on the track after the crash, his helmet having come off during the incident. The race was immediately red-flagged. He was taken by ambulance to the circuit's medical center, but at 16:56 local time it was announced he had died from his injuries.

Our thoughts go out to the family and friends of Marco after another casualty in motorsport.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%