Marco Massarutto Responds to Free Porsche Content Criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC Preview Image.jpg

Marco Massarutto, Kunos Simulazioni Licencing Manager and somewhat outspoken unofficial Kunos spokesperson, has responded via his Facebook account to the rather strong criticism from some members of the community following the free Porsche content announcement several days ago.

With feelings running high amongst the community, and many people voicing negative feelings regarding the inclusion of SUV's from the prominent German manufacturer, Massarutto has taken to his personal Facebook profile to respond directly to those vocal critics. As is the usual Massarutto style, no punches have been pulled in the latest statement!

The full Marco Massarutto Facebook statement can be read below:

"Imagine you get into a mall to buy a pair of Lee jeans, and when you go for the check out, the guy at desk tells you "I'm glad to tell you that, since you have purchased this product, you will get this t-shirt for free, offered by Lee".

What do you will answer? Some options:

- I didn't ask for it, just give me my jeans...
- I don't like this t-shirt, I'm not going to wear it
- What are you trying to do? To fill my closet with useless stuff?!
- I've a t-shirt already, I don't need this so-called gift
- Let's do this: give me the jeans for free and keep the t-shirt for you
- If I was interested to a t-shirt, I would have purchased it
- What a waste of time and money, tell Lee to give me a 100$ jacket for free instead
- I'm here for the jeans and you give me a free t-shirt? Shame on you
- So, now Lee gives stuff for free to let me have a taste of it? Shame on them

Sounds weird? Not to some simracers. Sad, but true.

So, about Porsche: few people complain because Assetto Corsa will release - for free, and even if you just own the game but you don't purchase any Porsche DLC - the new Panamera, Cayenne and Macan. Saying the things you can read above. As part of our agreement with Porsche, the Brand asked us to reproduce, for THEIR simulators, ALSO the models included in their current production. For THEIR purposes. Once we worked for months to reproduce those models with the maximum accuracy for Porsche simulators, we believed it would have been a shame do not allow the AC community to enjoy those cars as well. Without charging them. And that's it. Also because we take in consideration that the AC community is so wide today that different people like different cars, something that some blind gamers still don't understand, or accept. On the other side, this kind of agreement allows us to reproduce and make available for Assetto Corsa cars like the one you see in the picture.

So, today lot of people tell me that they want so badly in Assetto Corsa the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde . If to get it in the game we would be asked to include also the next Stelvio SUV as free bonus content, would you complain for it? If yes, probably you would need to turn off your PC or console, open the door, leave the house, close your eyes and take a breath; and relax. Because it looks to me that you are not able anymore to enjoy what is supposed to be your passion. BTW, driving the new PanameraTurbo at the Nordschleife in 7'.39" is a blast, and it is not for everyone. Stay tuned. And take it easy, enjoy your life, you live once"

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be for the latest news, discussions and downloads for Kunos Simulazioni's flagship racing simulation. As with most racing games, online is where the game really shines. Pop over and discover what all the fuss is about, join in one of our epic club and league racing events today!

What do you think of Massarutto's comments? Let us know below!

Last edited:
A few people have said SUV's are not race cars and shouldn't be included,But aren't all cars race cars? It's who's behind the wheel that makes a car a race car surely,Since the invention of the wheel man has raced all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff,so why not FREE Virtual SUV's? For me it's about the racing,not what you're racing,A bathtub with wheels and an engine will do :D.

It's not about free stuff to those who complain such as me, it's about the fact that they could have spent their time creating cars that we want. Imagine if they said "hey we're gonna make some free cars for you guys, what do you want us to make". How many would have said SUV's? Free cars that most of us will not spend any time with are worthless gesture. What they should say is, "hey guys we're being forced by Porsche to include these crappy SUV's but we're giving them away free".

It's not entitlement to not appreciate something.

Folk nowadays it's an absolute disgrace that they complain about free stuff.
Entitlement is such an ugly quality.

Last edited:
It's not about free stuff to those who complain such as me, it's about the fact that they could have spent their time creating cars that we want. Imagine if they said "hey we're gonna make some free cars for you guys, what do you want us to make". How many would have said SUV's? Free cars that most of us will not spend any time with are worthless gesture. They they should say is, "hey guys we're being forced by Porsche to include these crappy SUV's but we're giving them away free".

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand. Porsche asked/paid them to make the SUVs for their Porsche Experience displays. Kunos figured since they already had them they might as well throw them in the game for free. Your suggestion is that they should have told Porsche "No, we're not going to make these cars for your displays because some forum members will be very upset that we wasted time making them for you". Seems like some flawed logic to me. :O_o:

What gets me is the current ungrateful generation we have in the Sim community now a days, its either old heads who should know better or its all these newbe generation of racers who have been spoiled for choise in the current Gen of games over the last 10 or so years, you see it here, on Steam PC AC forums and so on. Its a disgrace that's getting worse in this new generation of social media keyboard warriors. Back when I started on PC with F1GP through GP2 GP3 GP4 Nascar 1 2 2003 Grand Prix Legends GTR GTR2 and so on when the game got released most of the time that was it! maybe a patch or 2 but anything else we wanted we have to MAKE or wait for someone to figure out how to edit files, now a days its new sims every year, very digital ( use to love waiting out at stores for first day hard copy cds or floppy disks for f1gp days ) and with that push games get released in bearly finished states and means they constantly evolve with patches and DLC, yes some we pay for some we don't and all I ever see is massive complaining from the users.......IF you read properly the SUVs were made for Porsche to use on their simulators for customers or what ever but seeing as KS spent the time to make them and have the permissions why not share with the user public, who cares if you may never drive it you know what it shows the faith the a brand like Porsche has in KS to create such cars to show off the physics... so shut up be thankful and be happy...hey at the end of the day KS could have said well were moving our title to Consoles now so PC dev will stop....and they didn't. So I'm very Greatful that the Porsche Licence is FINALLY popping up more across the board with a company who is willing to do the mark justice. I'm loving the Ferraris in AC so I don't think ill be disappointed.

<mod-edit: Switched the foul language to something more appropriate>

Last edited by a moderator:
After ~2-3 weeks of teasing road cars after road cars and then " here, have 3 more ", without showing any bad ass Race car inbetween, what was Kunos expecting, even if some of these cars are free? Imo, we got to all this criticism because of Kunos fault, and all this it could have been avoided, if the Marketing / PR guys had done a good job.
The FB post is just more bad PR, fueling all this more...

I like many i am getting sick of the so called self entitlement people now playing games , just ho much free DLC do you see these days ? even more so from a major brand like Porsche, who have little need to give anything away to promote their brand.

I was at the Porsche factory museum a few years back before the new Museum was finished .
I saw the small collection that the old building had.

I do not own a Porsche or could I afford to do so . We visited the Porsche shop , next thing I know some guy approach us . & says anytime you want to be taken around the factory just give me a call & gave me a card .
It was a little late that day I never took the guy up on his offer he was Dr somebody though I plan on returning one day soon.

Next thing the shop staff said a here have a free Porsche 911 metal plaque & a replica napkin of the one the Porsche drew the original Porsche logo on.

Here I am just passing through just another car lover enjoying the chance to visit one of the biggest name in sports cars.
I am not about to buy a Porsche however that is not important how much money you have its about freely giving some thing back to those who show interest & get enjoyment from just been around these cars.

People leave happy & will tell their friends about how nice the people at Porsche are.

I also went to the Mercedes museum the next day again you get some thing free the staff go out of their way to be kind & helpful its is called service & good pr these legends built their reputation on those foundations regardless of if you have 1 Euro to your name of 1 billion to your name.

I did not complain because I wanted a 917 freebie instead of 911 , that would be plain rude & disrespectful full stop.
However these days you see people complaining all the time , when they do not get what they want.

So what if its an SUV or two that last one was fun.
I like the PanameraTurbo.

Last of all nobody is making you drive these cars .
really if you feel so strongly that you are been hard done for then sorry maybe find another game that suits your needs.
It must make the Developers feel like what is the point if you get such a selfish reaction to a gift from the likes of Porsche . who could have said you know what make it all payed for DLC.

Apart from everything already said, and explained like 100 times (why the SUVs are in) -
I am guessing we will not get the 220hp standard version of the Macan, rather the Macan Turbo. And this car will not only kill older 911 Turbos on the Nordschleife, it will also leave plenty of current Kunos cars in the dust. People are so besotted with terms like "race cars", that they are blind for reality. A modern Porsche has more "race car features" then a touring car from the 80s.
Btw i challenge everyone who complains about the free Porsches for a race - i am going for a "free Porsche", you can go for a 90s DTM car :whistling:

in my country we have byword it could suit this "case":
Go on him with bread, he will go on you with stone. or.. Every effort deserves proper punishment.

I'm not getting why the free stuff is a problem for someone..? :O_o:
It seems if you are avid developer/ceo/anything, and hear the voice of community, lot of them then start thinking you have to serve them. Do only what THEY want. Weird.

Kunos please follow your steps, you are doing great job! Please note those few always unsatisfied ones are most loud, satisfied majority is quiet, playing AC. :D
Because companies using my go to sim as an advertising platform is putting me off. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back