Map plugin help

I'm sorry for the noob question but can anyone help me with the map plugin ?
How do you move it ? And is there a way to remove the tyres name / lap boxes ? I"m just interested in the map.
The readme doesn't say anything when it comes to setting this thing up, so yeah... Having the map at the center of the screen really isn't great.
edit : The plot thickens. It's centered in Time Trials but at the right place in Practice mode (yet very small). Man is it complicated lol

I7hC0rn.png

Last edited:
Hi i have 2 installs of GTR2, Steam version XD and map do not work, but Crew Chief and changeable weather do, Nocd version XD works and map, my map is positioned left side of screen and i would like to move it but can not, have tried altering settings in map config but no change, have tried the keyboard keys suggested in another post but they do not work. Would also like to know how other people have these working, would be great if Xd and map could work with the Steam version.
Try these keys from other post, i think you have to be on track for them to work.

KEYS
NUMPAD_0 Changes Map Mode: OFF, FIX, MOBILE and ROTATION
CTRL + NUMPAD_0 To change from IMAGES mode to DOTS and viceversa
NUMPAD_DOT To Zoom In MAP
CTRL + NUMPAD_DOT To Zoom Out MAP
ALT + <ARROWS>> To move Map On Screen
ALT + NUMPAD_DOT To Show/Unshow Frame (Box) around Map
PAUSE Show Driver Names
SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW Increase Width
SHIFT + LEFT ARROW Decrease Width
SHIFT + UP ARROW Increase Height
SHIFT + DOWN ARROW Decrease Height
SHIFT + PAUSE Reset Map Position (In pit)
SHIFT + PAUSE Shows Extra Race Info as Fuel, Position, Laps (In Race)
ALT + PAUSE Pass from unique color to different color for each sector
ALT + s Show Window to send Car Setup File

And is there a way to remove the tyres name / lap boxes YES press the backslash key (\) each press changes whats on screen.

With the steam version you can use GID which got way more info and ability to edit what you want and where on the screen you want it.
Map doesn't work but you can use Simhub.
With Simhub you can also get all the info from XD and much more and you can add your own widgets but since I do not care about map info I prefer GID.

To answer op, in map plugin ini file there are lines to set map location (left,center,right) and lines to set x,y for width and height as you want.

Of course GID is more ergonomic with mouse control to move boxes wherever you want...but no map available in gtr2.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%