Manettino switches, are they useful?

I am thinking of buying a ~€300 wheel for the PC, and one of the choices is the Thrustmaster T300RS / T300 Ferrari GTE.
Now, I dislike Ferrari branding a bit less than Playstation branding, but the only real difference between the two is that the RS has two more buttons, where the GTE has a manettino switch.

I can't really think of what I would use the manettino switch for.

Can you give me an idea, perhaps?

Brake bias
Or anything that can go up and down really. I find it really useful.
The switch acts as 2 buttons basically so you can always map other things to it.

Upvote 0
Wokzombie, it's a momentary switch, rather than a selector. I had my wheel apart the other night and it's essentially a 2 position encoder. I tried to replace it with a proper encoder so I could use it for brake bias, but I couldn't get it to work right. Not sure if it was the cheap chinese ebay encoder I used that was the problem, or if the wheelbase isn't handling the input because it's just expecting a simple button press, but every time I turned the new encoder it would jump back and forth between the 2 buttons. Thought it was a glitch at first but the order it was activating the switches in seemed to follow a pattern. Going to try a better quality encoder at some point soon and see if it will work.

Upvote 0
Yep, brake bias (turn left/right) + pit limiter (press) is my setup for it, and it's a charm to find and use even blindfolded.

Upvote 0
Okay, that is a little weird.
Just so we're on the same page here, we're all talking about this little doowhickey on the bottom right here?

14428449283_77343accae_o.jpg

Upvote 0
Okay, I am a giddy little man-child right now. I just ordered it and I'm a hopping around like a teenage girl waiting to be asked for prom.

I am upgrading from a Logitech Griving Force GT, which is nice, but really has too many issues in my case.

T300! *screams*

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You're going to be blown away. The DFGT is a decent little wheel, but the smoothness of the T300 will really surprise you. One thing I will heavily advise though is either pick up the Thrustmaster T3PA pedals or a set of G25/27 ones with an adaptor. The stock 300 pedals are ok but the ones I mentioned above are much better. I'm using the G25 with the Ricmotech adaptor to plug them straight into my wheel.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back