Mandatory Pitting

Oh! So Sector3 Is following real life rules. So that means that all other cars in R3E do not pit in RL. Thanks Majuh, for shedding some light on this, and to Sector3 for keeping it real. ;)
I just pointed out that nobody should expect mandatory pit stops in WTCC races.

Apart from that, in most racing series, mandatory pit stops come with additional requirements, like using different tire compounds or driver swaps. Without these requirements, mandatory pit stops are pretty useless.

I just pointed out that nobody should expect mandatory pit stops in WTCC races.

Apart from that, in most racing series, mandatory pit stops come with additional requirements, like using different tire compounds or driver swaps. Without these requirements, mandatory pit stops are pretty useless.

Yes, I do understand your point Majuh. But we had this feature in Race 07. If not mistaken I think we where also able to do a custom two race format. I enjoy pitting strategy. For me it makes the race more interesting whether they do in RL or not. I was looking forward to a GT2 championship with pitting and when I saw that it wasn't there I was a little bummed out about it. I have, somewhat the same issue with GSCE, great sim, they keep it real "hardcore". It's a game, we should be able to do what we want (pitting) in a Championship. Just my opinion. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yes, I do understand your point Majuh. But we had this feature in Race 07. If not mistaken I think we where also able to do a custom two race format. I enjoy pitting strategy. For me it makes the race more interesting whether they do in RL or not. I was looking forward to a GT2 championship with pitting and when I saw that it wasn't there I was a little bummed out about it. I have, somewhat the same issue with GSCE, great sim, they keep it real "hardcore". It's a game, we should be able to do what we want (pitting) in a Championship. Just my opinion. :thumbsup:
Yeah, the option should definitely be available in longer races, but I don't see myself using it outside of DTM / ADAC GT Masters races.

There is tyre wear but it's very slow. I don't know how realistic the tyre wear rate is but in a shorter race (15-20 mins) you can drive how you want without having to worry about the affect on your tyres. Maybe it's different in an hour long race but from my experience I would expect tyres to deteriorate quicker than they do in R3E.

There is tyre wear but it's very slow. I don't know how realistic the tyre wear rate is but in a shorter race (15-20 mins) you can drive how you want without having to worry about the affect on your tyres. Maybe it's different in an hour long race but from my experience I would expect tyres to deteriorate quicker than they do in R3E.
Don´t they run these tires for 60 minutes IRL? Going by most sims in 15-20 minute races unless you run really soft tires you can be really hard on them.

I done some 30 minute adac master races and there I can sense tire wear. I don´t know if it´s more or less then in real life though but for 60 minute races I sure would want to rotate the tires I recon on tracks like Oschers.

I don´t know if it´s more or less then in real life though but for 60 minute races I sure would want to rotate the tires I recon on tracks like Oschers.

And if and when they update this with more tire wear. Giving us the option to do a 60 minute race with no pitting in R3E is useless. If we don't have mandatory pitting option in R3E, then we should have sprint races only, max 20 minutes races or so.

And if and when they update this with more tire wear. Giving us the option to do a 60 minute race with no pitting in R3E is useless. If we don't have mandatory pitting option in R3E, then we should have sprint races only, max 20 minutes races or so.
That's like saying endurance races are useless without mandatory pit stops... If you feel like your tires are worn, just get a new set in the pits. There's no need to make it mandatory.

That's like saying endurance races are useless without mandatory pit stops... If you feel like your tires are worn, just get a new set in the pits. There's no need to make it mandatory.

And the AI will also pit according to there tire wear? And or will the AI end up pitting on the last few laps? Mandatory pitting option "in the game" makes the pitting at around the same time for the AI and you. Usually around halfway threw the race. I"m talking single player only.

Last edited:
And the AI will also pit according to there tire wear? And or will the AI end up pitting on the last few laps? Mandatory pitting option "in the game" makes the pitting at around the same time for the AI and you. Usually around halfway threw the race. I"m talking single player only.
The patch notes from February state "Fixed an issue with AI pitting on last lap". So I'd imagine they do pit when their tires fall below a certain percentage. They probably fixed it so the AI also takes the remaining distance into consideration.

The patch notes from February state "Fixed an issue with AI pitting on last lap". So I'd imagine they do pit when their tires fall below a certain percentage. They probably fixed it so the AI also takes the remaining distance into consideration.

I guess I will need to test it out. But from past experiences a specialy with gMotor2 engine if you don't force a pit stop the AI will either pit to early causing them to pit twice or to late(last 5 laps or so) which screws up the race. And I'm not sure but I also read that gMotor2 engine games, the AI don't pit because of tire wear only fuel. Isn't R3E build on gMotor2 with there own graphic engine?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 298 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.6%