Mallory Park

Tracks Mallory Park 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content

Tyrone - Nukedrop Mods

Tyrone Hesbrook
Premium
Tyrone submitted a new resource:

Mallory Park - Car, Bike, Oval, RallyCross + Wet + Lights.

Hi Everyone, calling this one somewhat done now so this is v0.99 as i'm sure there will be some sort of fix to do.

Special thanks to everyone on my Patreon page for supporting me.
Get access to all of my Work in progress tracks for $1 at https://www.patreon.com/nukedrop

This initial release includes all variations in the same folder

Includes:
  • Weather variations
  • Night Lights
  • VAO patch
  • Replay Cameras (thanks to Safi...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Tyrone,
The tree issue. I get the silhouettes of the trees but they are black with no textures.
I tried copying the skins from the CM folder into the default folder but that had no effect. I tried copying them into the texture folder and deleting the skins folder, but that also had no effect. It's like they are tree-shaped black holes!

If you load the track through the vanilla launcher, you may get the same effect.

If you can fix this, you'll be my hero. Mallory Park is a very important track to me as my dad used to take me to the races there when I was a kid, back before he passed away. I would love to be able to drive there.

I'm loading through the default AC launcher.
The track works fine, replay cams work, AI works, it is only the trees that I have the issue with.

Thanks for looking into it.

I'm loading through the vanilla AC launcher.
The track works fine, replay cams work, AI works, it is only the trees that I have the issue with.

Thanks for looking into it.

Just out of curiosity, as I am having issues replicating the issue, (read even launching the default launcher with only the default content +mallory) would you be able to post screenshots?

I have attached a screenshot below. This is on all layouts and all the trees are like this. I did a fresh installation in case I'd messed the other one up, and got the same result.

Attachments

• Trees.jpg
    Trees.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 246
Just to add to the confusion: my trees at Washington look the way they should, at Mallory Park there are black silhouettes.

EDIT. On a closer look, yes there are black trees in Washington also...

Last edited:
Yes, they do look like that on the Washington track. Most are fine but there are a few here and there that are silhouetted, just like in your photo.

Thanks for taking a look into this. There's no rush, I can wait a little longer :)

And obviously, once it's sorted, I'll remove my prior review and give you the five stars I know that this track will deserve :)

Found the glitch with the tree models i've used.

I'll have to replace all the trees with new ones - it'll take... a while!

View attachment 386513
@Tyrone if you are replacing the trees then please see @LilSki's guide about how to avoid symmetrical/mirrored trees (like the ones on the right in your image above) as these always look unnatural. Not sure where this guide is though - I'm sure it's linked somewhere here on RD and I'm sure someone will be along in a minute with directions.
:)

Edit: ah, this might be it: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...n-track-making-plus-tips.122794/#post-2397224

@Tyrone if you are replacing the trees then please see @LilSki's guide about how to avoid symmetrical/mirrored trees (like the ones on the right in your image above) as these always look unnatural. Not sure where this guide is though - I'm sure it's linked somewhere here on RD and I'm sure someone will be along in a minute with directions.
:)

Edit: ah, this might be it: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...n-track-making-plus-tips.122794/#post-2397224

Thanks @Mascot I think im about to set out on the journey of making my own trees to use across all of my projects, the same way I did with the advertisement billboards. I think i'll be able to get much better results than relying on the objects others have made :)

Found the glitch with the tree models i've used.

I'll have to replace all the trees with new ones - it'll take... a while!

View attachment 386513

It'll be worth it ;) Like I said, theres no rush.

EDIT: A couple of people have mentioned low res textures in their reviews. It doesn't bother me, but if you'd like some help to take the heavy load off, I don't mind helping with some skins for this track (I just can't do skins for the trees as they are). Just let me know and I'd be happy to contribute as a way of saying thank you for this track.

Last edited:
@safi hellie I thought it was dark too but then I realised there are no geo tags. Add them and the track should get the correct lighting for your date/tod.
@Tyrone something to bear in mind (along with other UI items.. like author/version number etc :) )

Yep did that first thing. I ended up doing 2 things, fiddling with the VAO patch to make it lighter and also i did a skin with different track texture nicked from silverstone.

Absolutely love this track.

Screenshot_mini_mw_mallory_park_9-7-120-0-42-14.jpg
Screenshot_jaguar_mk2_mallory_park_8-7-120-23-20-40.jpg

Hi .
Fantastic track. Been waiting for a good version. Well done. Just one snag. My motion rig will not work with this track.
I don't know if this is something you have to put in the track to activate. Many thanks.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 364 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 506 39.0%